- Job Title
- Graphic Artist
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL 32244
- Other Location
2D GAME ARTIST OPPORTUNITY
SSE is a leading technology company serving St. Louis, MO and Jacksonville, FL for over 30 years. We have been a leading provider of aviation courseware development and training for military and commercial aircraft. We are seeking skilled Graphic Artists to join our team.
GRAPHIC ARTIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces graphics for interactive multimedia learning modules
- Job inputs include design documents, graphics requests, concepts, and verbal input
- Work outputs include 2D models and animations for inclusion in learning modules
- As an integral member of a blended learning development team, you would work closely with subject matter experts, instructional designers and project managers in the development, implementation, and maintenance of computer-based or electronic learning content
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines and workflows to perform the requirements of the job
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the duties of graphics artist on one or more projects
- Produce 2D models, animations and educational content from provided design documents, graphics and requests
- Review and ensure quality, technical correctness and instructional soundness of draft/final interactive multimedia lesson segments
- Work independently under minimal supervision
- Participate in all phases of project execution (Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment)
- Willing to research the technical documents to understand the needs of the end user. Then, work backwards from that expectation to help to design assets that can handle that functionality once software programs it.
- Understand and articulate project scope and vision – client alignment
- Understanding of adult learning principles and how they apply to blended learning solutions
- Ability to work well within a collaborative team environment including project manager, other courseware developers, multimedia developer, graphics artist, programmer and technical editor skill sets
- Ability to work independently and ensure performance to deadlines and milestones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver a complex message – either written or verbal.
- General knowledge of using web-based training applications. Strong working knowledge of the following software applications:
- Microsoft Windows
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Adobe suite
- 2D Illustrator
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a 'US Person' as defined by 22 C.F.R.& 120.15 is required (US Citizen)
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer art, computer science or related field. Five + years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Expert level proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of SCORM data calls and implementing SCORM compliant learning objects preferred
- Demonstrated ability to produce results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work on a highly collaborative team in a dynamic environment.
- 40 hour work weeks, flexible schedule
- 12 paid holidays
- 13 paid PTO days
- medical/vision/dental plans
- 401k company match