- Job Title
- Software Architect
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL 32206
- Other Location
The Software Architect will lead software architecture and design within the technology functions of the company in accordance with the policies and practices of the company. The position will be responsible for hand-on Application Architecture and Design for current and new application initiatives while maintaining an exceptional level of professionalism and customer service standards.
- Make ongoing recommendations of Architecture standards and system configurations
- Analyzing the current Application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement
- Enabling an innovative approach to system architecture standards which greatly increase the flexibility, scalability, and reliability of IT services
- Providing expert level architectural knowledge and counsel to others
- Driving the analysis, design, and development of a roadmaps and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
- Developing, supporting, and communicating architectural policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Delivering highly complex Architecture & Design using in-depth knowledge within the architectural domain
- Partner with other internal and vendor development teams to define, design and implement components of the platforms and applications architecture.
- Provide hands-on help in supporting the application development team with their project needs.
- Assist in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the current and new systems to various constituents
- Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Lead and support the needs of strategic roadmap and blueprint activities.
- Responsible for assisting with the overall system design and architecture.
- Responsible for creating roadmap documents, architectural documents, process documents, standards documents and governance documents.
- Responsible for project engagements to document technical requirements for database, applications, integration, infrastructure, etc.
- Evaluate technologies for technology strategy.
- Drive the design and construction of a client’s complex business problems into innovative technology solutions
- Requires 8 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines.12 years of experience in information.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture and/or product development
- 5+ Experience with SOA standards, including SOAP, REST, WSDL, JSON, XSLT etc.,
- Experience designing and implementing mobile and/or progressive web applications
- Experience with security and privacy standards
- Excellent written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Experience Agile software development life cycles
- Experience with Event and Domain Driven Design a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience creating artifacts within an architectural framework
- Experience in facilitating transformational change using architectural roadmaps.
- Experience with communicating and promoting the value of architectural design within the organization.
- Experience with Architecture and Design tools a plus