Quality Control Inspector
- Job Title
- Quality Control Inspector
- Job ID
- Idaho Falls, ID
- Other Location
Quality Control Inspector
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. L&A is teamed with Granite Construction Corporation (GCC) to provide Quality Oversight on the $1B+ Spent Fuel Handling Recapitalization Project (SFHP). The SFHP will construct large reinforced concrete structures for the Department of Energy (DOE) Naval Reactors Facility (NRF) at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) located approximately 50 miles west of Idaho Falls, ID. L&A seeks multiple Quality Control Inspectors to join L&A’s Quality team to support this assignment and future endeavors within L&A’s portfolio.
L&A will provide quality control inspection on the first phase of SFHP, which is initially scheduled for 22 months. Based on our past performance and understanding of the scope, L&A is anticipating the potential for an award for the final phase of construction which will add at least an additional 12 months to the overall period of performance.
L&A offers competitive salaries, full medical benefits, and a generous 401K plan. Our quality team members will be eligible for a monthly living allowance of $1,000/month, plus housing, not to exceed $3000 total. Due to the location of the work site, L&A will provide a daily allowance of $70 for reimbursement of travel when using your personal vehicle to travel from lodging to project site. Team members will be authorized reimbursement for one trip home per month not to exceed $1,000.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner to include protecting the confidentiality and integrity of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Understand contractual and engineering design requirements
- Follow the HSE requirements applicable to work scope
- Perform and document inspections/tests as assigned; some areas include, but not limited, (see below)
- Perform receipt and storage inspections
- Verify preplacement attributes such as, but not limited to, forms, location, dimensions, rebar, embeds, supports, cleanliness, temperature, item traceability, etc.
- Verify concrete placement attributes such as, but not limited to, correct mix design, additives, mixing time/revolutions, hot/cold weather precautions, layer/lift limitations, consolidation, testing oversight, etc.
- Verify post placement attributes such as, but not limited to, curing, hot/cold weather precautions, surface finish, voids, dimensions, strength results, etc.
- Discuss inspection results with responsible parties.
- Document deficient conditions in a non-conformance reporting system.
- Report inspection and/or test data.
- Conduct required sampling to verify conformance with specifications.
- Provide process improvement feedback
- Stop work if job is deemed unsafe or compromises environmental compliance.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of civil/structural experience (prefer 5-10 years) in the installation, inspection and testing of civil/structural activities. Experience working on a Nuclear construction site is preferred but not required
- Candidates must be willing to further their knowledge and skills by obtaining additional certifications, attending training, and participating in on-the-job training where necessary
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
- Good computer and iPad skills; or the ability to master these skills quickly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Certification as an ACI Concrete Construction Special Inspector (CCSI), or ability to certify as a CCSI.
- Knowledge of Nuclear and Concrete Quality Standards (examples: NQA-1, ACI, ASTM, IBC, ASME)
- Well-organized, details-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
Work is performed on both a construction site and in an office location.
Job performance requires adequate visual acuity, color perception, and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the discipline. Must have the ability to physically maneuver around construction site which consists of uneven ground, climbing stairs/ladders, and ability to work in all weather.
Idaho Falls, ID
L&A is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. We specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in mission assurance – an optimized and integrated suite of systems, tools and processes that ensure compliance, enhance performance, reduce costs and increase efficiency, project delivery – including a wide range of capabilities directly related to tailoring the implementation of DOE Order 413.3B, operations support – providing expert advice and resources to strengthen high hazard operations, and business strategy – to underpin effective operations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is a policy of L&A to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
L&A Core Values:
- Honesty and integrity above all else.
- Safety, security and quality are the foundation of everything that we do.
- No surprises for the customer or the team.
- Consistently exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Listen to the customer to ensure we’re working on the right problem.
- Only accept assignments and arrangements that we are proud of and that are win-win.
- Proactively manage any real or perceived conflicts with our partners and clients.
- Continually demonstrate our commitment to the success of our clients’ projects.
- Treat clients and team members with respect.
- Assure that people are fairly compensated for their contributions.
- Don’t take risks with the reputation of the individuals or the company.
- Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients.
- Always work as a team and support one another.