- Job Title
- Reverse Engineer
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78229
- Other Location
***All Applicants Must Be US Citizens and Eligible to Receive a DOD Clearance***
Does analyzing malicious code pique your interest? Do you enjoy using new and exciting technology to determine the origin, variants, advanced capabilities, and potential mitigation strategies of said code? Did you ever take you car apart to see why it wasn’t working? Do you prefer taking apart lego structures?
Def-Logix is seeking a full-time Reverse Engineer with experience writing C, C++, and Assembly Language. A qualified candidate will have at least an interim Top Secret Security clearance.
• Isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer programs and applications.
• Work deep within the boot process, kernel, and system internals to devise novel solutions using tools like IDA Pro, debuggers, and in-target probes to research behavior of binaries.
• Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution.
• Analyze, disassemble, and reverse engineer software binaries; document and transition results in reports, presentations and technical exchanges.
• Design, prototype, document, test and transition code analysis methods and tools appropriate for operational use.
Read and write C, C++, and Assembly
• Trace code execution in a debugger (windbg/gdb/IDA Pro)
• Understanding of security protection mechanisms (ASLR, DEP, NX)Desired Skills:
• Detailed understanding of mobile device operating systems.
• Detailed understanding of computer networking (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL)
• Proficient in one or more assembly languages (e.g. x86, ARM)
• Familiarity with PE/ELF file formats, linkers, and compilers
• Experience solving cybersecurity Capture-the-Flag challenges
• Embedded development or reverse engineering experience
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Security, Information Technology or related discipline
Must have 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
Must be a US citizen
Applicants selected for employment must have a DoD secret security clearance and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Def-Logix, Inc. is 10 years old and rapidly growing as research and development company offering software solutions and integration to (primarily) the DOD, DHS, and USAF.
Our office is located in the San Antonio Technology Center right beneath the rooftop putting green and just a short walk from the foosball table. The building itself is 15 minutes from the heart of downtown San Antonio where you’ll find the Riverwalk and the Pearl Brewery Complex.
group health plan, dental and vision
flexible spending accounts
life accident and disability insurance
paid time off
flexible daily hours
relaxed requirements for employee attire