Document Control Administrator
- Job Title
- Document Control Administrator
- Job ID
- Idaho Falls, ID 83401
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a Document Control Administrator to support the Document Control Department. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the overall Document Control System/process in accordance with NQA-1 at the Idaho National Laboratory. This large construction project will replace aging infrastructure for spent nuclear fuel handling.
This project will be a fast-paced, 22-month project where Granite will be responsible for placing over 300,000 CY of Concrete and 10,000,000 LB of Reinforcing Steel. Typical for a large heavy civil infrastructure project, concrete delivery, cold weather protection, and mass concrete placement will present unique opportunities for ingenuity.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain project data management process and systems
- Provide functional advice and support to management for the implementation and maintenance of document control processes.
- Perform non-technical quality checks of incoming and outgoing engineering, procurement, subcontracts, supplier and third party documentation.
- Perform internal and external distribution of engineering, procurement, subcontracts, supplier and third party documentation.
- Maintain master project files (electronic and paper copies)
- Assist in turnover and/or storage of project files at end of project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of the application of business processes in the Construction environment.
- Working knowledge of ProCore, ProLog Converge, and SharePoint
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to implement and manage web-based document control systems
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a close attention to detail.
- Self-starter; able to seek out resources and structure own workflow.
- Strong consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, staff and external customers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Library science or equivalent work experience in document control
- 5+ years experience in document controls, preferably in a construction or project based environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The candidate will be required to talk and hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office setting.
L&A is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical, and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. We specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in:
- Mission Assurance – an optimized and integrated suite of systems, tools, and processes that ensure compliance, enhanced performance, reduce costs, and increased efficiency.
- Project Delivery – including a wide range of capabilities directly related to tailoring the implementation of DOE Order 413.3B.
- Operations Support – providing expert advice and resources to strengthen high hazard operations, and business strategy – to underpin effective operations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is a policy of L&A to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
L&A Core Values:
- Honesty and integrity above all else.
- Safety, security and quality are the foundation of everything that we do.
- No surprises for the customer or the team.
- Consistently exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Listen to the customer to ensure we’re working on the right problem.
- Only accept assignments and arrangements that we are proud of and that are win-win.
- Proactively manage any real or perceived conflicts with our partners and clients.
- Continually demonstrate our commitment to the success of our clients’ projects.
- Treat clients and team members with respect.
- Assure that people are fairly compensated for their contributions.
- Don’t take risks with the reputation of the individuals or the company.
- Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients.
- Always work as a team and support one another.