Help Desk Specialist - Ft. Belvoir, VA
- Job Title
- Help Desk Specialist - Ft. Belvoir, VA
- Job ID
- Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
Help Desk Specialist (Senior) - Ft. Belvoir, VA
- Provide primary customer support for users both onsite and at remote locations as needed.
- Provide support for NIPRNet, SIPRNet, and JWICS.
- Assist with VTC support as needed.
- Immediately notify the PM if any service impairment occurs that could negatively impact user computing or communications and provide the status of resolution efforts being taken.
- Send out Network Operations (NetOps) notification and alert messages to disseminate timely, relevant, and accurate status information to Enterprise-supported users, following pre-defined guidelines for accuracy, brevity, and clarity.
- Provide daily synopsis reports or efforts taken to resolve known issues, including succinct and accurate accounting of all steps proposed and executed.
- Control accountability upon receipt of new assets until transferred to Defense Reutilization Marketing Office (DRMO) for end-use disposition.
- Create, modify, and document the baseline software structure, using Standard Desktop Configuration settings to standardize client processing environments and accommodate special processing needs.
- Resolve technical problems with the desktop computing equipment and software, and document actions taken and solutions in the trouble ticket system.
- Install console administrative interfaces on technician desktop computers ensuring adequate permissions are assigned to facilitate program access at all control points (appliance, host, client).
- Upon verifying compliance, establish user accounts within a 24-hour period.
- Administer Directory services, the primary repository of PKI public encryption certificates, ensuring that personnel identities and Global Address List (GAL) synchronization with connected networks are maintained accurately.
- Ensure correct implementation and use of access tokens, middleware applications, and card readers to enforce appropriate authentication.
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimal performance levels (with coordination of Network administrators and helpdesk personnel).
- Ensure desktop computer/server integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Remove or disable components that are unnecessary to prevent latency and draining of processing resources.
- Adjust component configurations as necessary to achieve well-tuned operating parameters.
- Review industry-sponsored capabilities and recommend “best-fit” options for customer.
- Identify all allied support (power, environmental, construction), infrastructure (circuit actions, service points, cabling/media, converters) computing (types/quantities of equipment, power consumption, peripherals, storage), and sustainment (configurations, services, capabilities, additional/custom warranty), as well as cost estimates using pre-priced Government rates, points of contacts, and recommendations for optimal configurations.
- Research new technologies, assess downward-directed programs, and make recommendations for future infrastructure upgrades and changes.
- Be knowledgeable in operating system configuration, remote desktop management consoles, client/server architecture, software applications, and network protocols.
- Assist with client computer support when needed.
- Ensure desktop networking services operate in the most effective and efficient manner. Resolve technical problems with the desktop computing equipment and software, and document actions taken and solutions in the trouble ticket system.
- Apply appropriate techniques to isolate and correct service impairment issues in an expeditious manner. Emphasis will be placed on recovering the capabilities of time-sensitive information processing systems and/or other critical/core components.
- As necessary, repair, replace, and /or restore the functions of supported equipment.
- For obvious equipment errors, call out vendor warranty maintenance before using spare stock.
- Provide a weekly status update of activities performed and/or completed during the week.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) preferred.
Experience: 5-10 years of experience providing desktop customer support.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Security+ Certification Required
- Microsoft Certification (Preferred)
- DoD 8570 IAT II or IAT III (Any of: GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP, CISA, SCNA, CISSP, or GCIH)
Clearance Level: Active Top Secret, Top Secret/SCI Preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Ventura is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Ventura is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.