Quality Control Clerk
- Job Title
- Quality Control Clerk
- Job ID
- GARLAND, TX 75040
- Other Location
Quality Control Clerk
Job Title: Quality Control Clerk
Department: Warehouse Operations
Manager: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Location: Garland, TX
As the Quality Inspector, you will oversee the quality control of all incoming and outgoing products. You will be instrumental in inspecting the quality of the products, wrapping, and labeling. You will also be instrumental in validating and documenting orders. The quality inspector will help improve the overall quality of Fortress Building Products.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate quality related concerns or issues to production and appropriate managers in a timely manner
- Perform receiving inspections of all inbounds, reporting all inaccuracies.
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming materials from vendors and outgoing products for shipping.
- Ensure that product packaging specifications are followed
- Verify packing and shipping containers are appropriate for product handling
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Complete quality forms, report logs, and maintain document filing system
- Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments.
- Verifies records and logs of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Assist with pulling on all outbound shipments leaving facility for correct item & quantities to ensure 100% Fulfillment accuracy.
- Perform outbound inspections on all shipments leaving warehouse and provide proper documentation.
- Identify, eliminate, and/or communicate any unsafe conditions
- Comply with all Fortress Building Products policies.
- Maintain a clean work environment and work with Warehouse Manager to ensure that warehouse facility is in compliance of all health and safety regulations specified by the Department of Labor and the State of Texas.
- Assisting when necessary with general warehouse operations.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Cooperation–Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Job Knowledge– Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current development; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2+ years of warehouse experience
- 2+ years of quality control experience
- Knowledge of distribution center processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Able to perform basic math equations
- Self-motivated, in need of minimal supervision
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player, eager to be cross-trained
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership attributes to manage the day-to-day activities and implement long range goals
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, operate a pallet jack and fork truck preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. Some of the work may require usage of required personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.