- Job Title
- Benefits Specialist
- Job ID
- Clearwater, FL 33756
- Other Location
The purpose of this position is to support sales and client retention through excellent customer service by administering complex employee benefit programs.
- Administers benefit enrollments, changes, terminations, and the annual open enrollment process for PEO and client sponsored health, dental, vision, 401(k), and other supplemental plans.
- Provides compliance information regarding the ACA, Section 125, COBRA, 401(k), and carrier participation and contribution regulations.
- Assists to ensure new insurance sales installations and renewals by obtaining enrollment and administrative forms in the post-sale process.
- Runs eligibility reports for clients, notifies as appropriate, and sends enrollment materials.
- Prepares communication and materials for optimal enrollment presentations.
- Facilitates monthly orientation meetings for new employees
- Keys PEO and client sponsored employer contributions, employee deductions, and credit-back deductions.
- Runs and reviews payroll premium sheets to ensure proper employer and employee payroll charges and keys catch-up amounts as appropriate.
- Reconciles monthly insurance billings such as medical, dental, life, and supplemental plans, and keys catch-up and refunds as appropriate.
- Processes COBRA initial and qualifying event notices and maintains proof of mailing.
- Processes court ordered benefits enrollments, terminations, and inquiries.
- Responds to correspondence, email, and phone calls from clients, employees, and vendors.
- Files and/or scans documents as applicable.
- High school education or equivalent.
- One (1) year of benefits administration experience.
- Knowledge of Federal and state laws regarding employee benefits and insurance such as the ACA, Section 125, COBRA, HIPAA, PPA, and ERISA.
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.