Benefits Underwriting Manager
- Job Title
- Benefits Underwriting Manager
- Job ID
- Clearwater, FL 33756
- Other Location
The purpose of this position is to support sales and client retention through excellent customer service by managing and performing the functions of underwriting, quoting, and presenting group insurance benefits.
- Manages the activities of group health insurance underwriting to ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered, PEO sales goals are supported, and master health plan MLR limits are not exceeded.
- Acts as the main point of contact for escalations to current and prospective clients regarding group benefit plans such as health, dental, life, disability, etc.
- Provides guidance to properly consult, underwrite, identify, prepare comparisons of existing and optional plans, and clearly present benefit plans to clients.
- Ensures timely follow-up with clients for new plan implementation and renewals.
- Ensures renewals are processed in a timely manner with the client and alternatives are provided.
- Assists brokers and direct sales staff to ensure clear and accurate information is delivered as they meet with prospects.
- Ensures documentation is completed timely and thoroughly.
- Coordinates a seamless hand-off of process to the group benefits administration team.
- Assists with annual open enrollment to ensure each client is handled as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Knowledge of Federal and state laws regarding employee benefits and insurance sales, COBRA, PPACA, ERISA, IRS Section 125, and the PEO industry.
- Knowledge of company services and products.
- Knowledge of business profitability and risk management.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
- Skill to use and compose clear, comprehensive, and accurate verbal and written communication and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Sufficient years of benefits experience to demonstrate sound underwriting knowledge.
- Florida 2-15 license.
- Florida driver’s license.
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.