General Liability Claims Manager
- Job Title
- General Liability Claims Manager
- Job ID
- Clearwater, FL 33756
- Other Location
The purpose of this position is to support sales and client retention through excellent customer service by managing the claims portfolio to ensure the lowest level of cost exposure.
- Assists the Vice President of Claims in overseeing ongoing supervision of third party administrator (TPA) and in developing and maintaining written policies and procedures for claims adjusters to ensure clearly defined responsibilities and standards for performance.
- Assists in managing external vendors in the areas of claims administration, managed care and litigation through benchmarking, loss analysis and general performance measurement reports to ensure adherence to best practices as well as company specific claim program goals, directives, initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Participates in claim reviews and audits to ensure effective claims by handling TPAs.
- Authorizes Reserves and Settlements within established authority
- Manages collection of required regulatory and company specific claims related data to ensure compliance with all record keeping, reporting, loss forecasting and loss analysis requirements.
- Projects and inquiries as requested from senior management including compliance, general legal and regulatory matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Knowledge of standards, practices, procedures, and related regulations applicable to general liability claims.
- Knowledge of company services and products.
- Skill to be organized, give attention to detail, and exercise follow up.
- Skill to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Skill to establish and maintain filing systems, format, proofread, edit documents, and perform calculations.
- Ability to be effective when working independently or cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to consistently project a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of professional experience.
- General adjuster license (FL) with the ability to obtain multi-state licenses, if applicable.
- Eight (8) years of General Liability claims, including third party property damage, bodily injury and Inland Marine. E&S experience desired.
- Five (5) years of supervisory/management experience.
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.