Customer Service Representative
- Job Title
- Customer Service Representative
- Job ID
- Clearwater, FL 33756
- Other Location
The purpose of this position is to support sales and client retention through excellent customer service by providing general office support for commercial lines insurance sales and service.
- Prequalifies all requests for quotes to determine eligibility and interest.
- Processes policy changes.
- Issues certificates of insurance.
- Answers customer questions regarding products and services.
- Reviews policies and binders issued by insurance carrier to ensure accuracy.
- Supports account managers throughout the sales and servicing process.
- Creates management reports for Vice President of Insurance Operations.
- Administratively supports the President.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Knowledge of commercial insurance products.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws regarding the sale and marketing of commercial insurance.
- Knowledge of company services and products.
- Knowledge of business profitability and risk management.
- Skill to use and compose clear, comprehensive, and accurate verbal and written communication and reports.
- Skill to establish and maintain filing systems, format, proofread, edit documents, and perform calculations.
- Skill to use Agency Management Software 360, Word, Excel, and Outlook with proficiency.
- Skill to manage multiple projects.
- Skill to be organized, give attention to detail, and exercise follow up.
- Skill to research and analyze data and prepare recommendations.
- Skills to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain diplomatic customer/client relations.
- Ability to project an outgoing and service focused personality.
- Ability to maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Ability to consistently project a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to listen carefully and respond to or refer customer requests and problems with diplomacy.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to be effective when working independently or cooperatively as a team member.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of insurance industry experience.
- Florida 4-40 Customer Representative License.
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.