Business Development Manager - Property & Casualty
- Job Title
- Business Development Manager - Property & Casualty
- Job ID
- Charlottesville, VA 22901
- Other Location
The purpose of this position is to promote ongoing sales growth and client retention through the recruitment and management of broker relationships on a regional level.
- Prospects, obtains, and develops successful broker relationships on a regional to national level to maintain profitable sales growth.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends new business leads.
- Develops relationships with brokers, agents, accounting firms, CPAs, etc. to generate client referrals.
- Develops and presents proposals and client specific solutions.
- Educates brokers about the FrankCrum product line and provides updates and retraining on an ongoing basis.
- Trains brokers on how to market and sell the FrankCrum product line.
- Attends business meetings, trade shows, networking events, seminars, and conferences as directed.
- Cold calls to obtain new business opportunities and continually establishes new agent relationships.
- Maintains professional licensing and technical knowledge by establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies and online webinars.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Knowledge of company services, products, and pricing methods.
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to sell to client needs
- Knowledge of business profitability and risk management.
- Skill to be proactive in prospecting and cold-calling
- Skill to use and compose clear, comprehensive, and accurate verbal and written communication and reports.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and initiative.
- Ability to maintain diplomatic customer/client relations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years of business to business sales experience involving the insurance industry.
- Valid Property and Casualty (P&C) license.
- Valid driver's license.
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.