Associate Territory Manager (2-Step)- North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota
- Job Title
- Associate Territory Manager (2-Step)- North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN
- Other Location
Associate Territory Manager (2-Step Distribution)- North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin
Department: Channel Sales (2-Step)
Manager: Regional Sales Manager (2-step)- Great Lakes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote within Region
Fortress Building Products is seeking an Associate Territory Manager for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin . This individual must be highly motivated, have high energy, and have an entrepreneurial spirit to sell, train, and manage distribution, dealers, contractors, builders, and homeowners.
This position will be based out of a home office and require regular travel with the assigned territory.
Region markets include: North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a high energy/high caliber working knowledge of our product lines.
- Train, motivate, and coach dealers, contractors and other key influencers end-users (i.e. GC’s, architects, builders, homeowners).
- Develop excellent long-term business relationships with contractors in Territory
- Ensure dealer sales staff are equipped and driven to fulfill the customer’s present and future needs.
- Develop and implement a business plan to be worked in conjunction with TM/RSM and distribution.
- Develop and implement, market penetration strategies to consistently attain and exceed sales objectives.
- Intimate understanding of the market, customers, and the competition.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Respond to all in a timely manner to all leads. Properly qualify and convert into viable opportunities where applicable
- Active and accurate utilization of CRM system
- Present sales and business proposals in a professional manner.
- Meet or exceed sales and budget goals on a monthly basis.
- Attend sales and technical training meetings, as required.
- Stay abreast of all technical data pertaining to industry products, material, and equipment.
- Understand and communicate market conditions including but not limited to new products, pricing, dealer changes, and contractor news.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus– Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Customer Focus– Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Sales Skills– Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contracts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meets customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Cooperation– Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
Organization Support– Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
Professionalism– Practices good hygiene and presents an appropriate professional appearance; understands how one is perceived by others; takes actions intended to have a position effect on others; makes a friendly impression on others by using good eye contact and using names whenever possible; develops and maintains positive working relationships and maintains a pleasant work attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of successful experience in building product or related sales with a proven track record of exceeding expectations
- Experience in 2-step distribution calling on all members within the channel
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of building materials industry
- Strong sales leader with solid business acumen
- Willingness and ability to structure productive activity plans from a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Must be a team player with dedication to Fortress Building Products’ success
- Reliable automobile and cell phone.
- Approximately 30-50% overnight travel required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- CRM experience a plus
- Bilingual a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional/home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.