Inside Sales Associate - West
- Job Title
- Inside Sales Associate - West
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA
- Other Location
- Denver, CO
Inside Sales Associate - West
Department: Channel Sales
Manager: Inside Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Inside Sales Associate - West will strategically partner with distributors, contractors, builders, developers, property management firms, architects, and other applicable decision makers with the ultimate goal of increased revenues for Fortress Building Products.
This position will be based out of a home office and must be able to support typical business hours across Mountain and Pacific time zones. Previous experience in the fence or access control industry is desired.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gatekeeper of information for the region.
- Assist TM/RSM in growing the distribution network as needed to ensure adequate coverage and availability of Fortress products.
- Assist TM/RSM in growing the contractor network to ensure market saturation, exposure, and availability for Fortress products.
- Demonstrate a “pull through” sales approach that builds demand and specification for Fortress products at the contractor, distributor, and specification levels.
- Conduct outbound calls to support pull through sales efforts.
- Conduct and report competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales-related information.
- Support Sales Team to exceed Sales Goals.
- Assist TM/RSM in managing customer relationships and become a strong partner through consultative selling approach.
- Assist TM/RSM in setting up new accounts through the internal Fortress process.
- Communication out to the field with quotes, orders, product updates, company updates, spiffs, and newsletters.
- Ability to quote small jobs and make sure all appropriate details are articulated to the customer and order management.
- Follow up on internet inquiries, trade show leads, and new/existing projects.
- Review customer open/back orders and communicate to Order Management how to proceed.
- Participate in Regional Conference Calls, Meetings, and Trade Shows.
- Provide weekly report to RSM and DCS (Director Channel Sales).
- Ability to grasp product knowledge and relay product information.
- Other responsibilities as relevant to position and assigned by manager.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meets customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current development; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Organization Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in the fence or access control industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Must be a team player with dedication to Fortress Building Products success
- CRM experience a plus (Salesforce)
- Experience with MS Dynamics GP and SalesPad a plus
- Bilingual a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.