Software Development Manager
- Job Title
- Software Development Manager
- Job ID
- Clearwater, FL 33756
- Other Location
FrankCrum is a Top Workplace!
Renamed FrankCrum in 2006, the Professional Employer Organization (PEO), is based in Clearwater, Florida and employs more than 250 people who serve over 4,000 business clients offering a full range of HR services, including payroll, employee benefits, HR consulting services and workers’ compensation insurance. Our PEO is a family culture that encourages people to feel at home, collaborate, and respect each other.
The Role You’ll Play to Create Success
We are excited to announce a full-time Software Development Manager position filled with many exciting opportunities! In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact the FrankCrum business everyday by managing a team applying technology to achieve software-based solutions that support Payroll and HR technologies for our dynamic PEO book of business.
- Lead a team of developers through rapid, data driven iterations focused on customer and stakeholder outcomes.
- Oversee the primary activities of developers to ensure timely completion of tasks and attainment of Sprint goals.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain systems or applications involving a wide variety of programming and languages.
- Modify, repair, or expand existing programs to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, or improve performance.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented software.
- Research and remain informed of new technology and development tools.
- Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, and conduct performance/pay reviews).
- Evaluate and assess new software development projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Measure product(s) effectiveness, identify trends, report outcomes and drive priorities to improve
- Mentor and serve as the single point of contact for your product teams, helping re-establish and maintain strong partnerships with key partners across FrankCrum
- Can clearly articulate the vision, strategies, priorities and desired outcomes with key partners across FrankCrum
- Leverage usability studies, business and product usage data, external industry trends, and metrics to generate insights.
- Prefer expertise in at least one domain of Human Capital Management, preferably HR, Payroll, Benefits & or Time & Labor Management reporting
- 6+ years with web-based service product management experiences, in a highly matrixed, complex organization.
- 6+ years showing passion and ability to identify and deliver new product innovation.
- 6+ years managing application development teams in an Agile environment, or equivalent leadership experience. Must possess supervisory and interpersonal skills for motivating and developing employees, be a goal-oriented team builder and collaborator who creates enthusiasm, fosters openness to new ideas and works cooperatively with others.
- Experience managing stateside and offshore development teams in a follow the sun model.
- Proven ability to partner effectively across functions with the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions and priority trade-offs.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to drive fast decisions
- The ability to create a clear, concise presentation of findings, and effectively present to any level of the organization
- Patience and commitment, with proven ability to navigate complex environments though product expertise and leadership.
- Experience researching relevant industry trends, usage analytics, competitive pressures and applying to product strategy & roadmap
- Must have thorough understanding of Web tools, utilities, platforms, technology and trends. Innovative and able to influence the roadmap. Experience in all phases of SDLC process.
- Understanding of the testing pyramid (unit, functional, integration, system, API testing) and testing approaches including TDD and BDD and with strong emphasis for Quality in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Change Management, Change Control & Release Management
Technical Skillset Required
- .NET Framework web application stack
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience with .NET/ASP.NET development
- Visual Studio 2019
- Git & NuGet
- Azure DevOps
- Architecture patterns such as MVC
- A solid understanding of T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Experience with test-driven development, and automated testing tools such as Selenium
- Knowledge of the SOLID design principles and design patterns such as Factory or Adapter
- Knowledge of N-tier and N-layered architecture
The Attributes We Seek
Keys to success in this position include strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills. A 4-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or equivalent plus 6 years related experience. Experience in the Payroll, Employee Benefits, HR or PEO industry and strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Our Competitive Benefits
Along with this great opportunity, FrankCrum also provides exceptional benefits from top carriers including:
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability and Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans (Accidental, Hospital, etc.), and Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - FrankCrum matches 100% of the first 4%, immediate vesting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement
- PTO Cash Out
- Tickets at Work and Corporate America Family Credit Union
- And More!!
What’s Special About FrankCrum
FrankCrum, a family-owned business-to-business entity since 1981 made of several companies: FrankCrum Corporate (a professional employer organization), FrankCrum Staffing, Frank Winston Crum Insurance Company, and the FrankCrum Insurance Agency - all based in Clearwater, Florida. This “family of employer solutions” employs more than 350 people who serve over 4,000 clients throughout the United States. FrankCrum employees are trained to deliver high value through exceptional customer service and treat clients and coworkers like family. By living by our Brand Pillars (Integrity, Affinity, and Prosperity) employees are recognized at quarterly events for exceptional customer service and milestones in tenure.
The FrankCrum headquarters spans 14 acres and includes a cafe, subsidized for employees. Menus include made-to-order breakfast, hot lunch options and even dinners that can be ordered to-go, all at very affordable prices. The cafe also plays host to monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, eating and costume contests, and yearly holiday parties. Through the input of its own employees, The Tampa Bay Times has recognized FrankCrum as a Top Place to Work for 11 years in a row! FrankCrum also supports several community efforts through Trinity Café, the Homeless Empowerment Program, and Clearwater Free Clinic!
If you want to play this role to positively impact our client’s day-to-day business, then apply now!
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.