EDI Coordinator/ Technology
- Job Title
- EDI Coordinator/ Technology
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
EDI Coordinator/ Technology
Job Title: EDI Coordinator/ Technology
Manager: Director, Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is looking for an experienced EDI Coordinator to join our Technology Team. This position will report to the Director of Technology.
The EDI Coordinator will be responsible for onboarding new trading partners and maintaining current ones when changes or maintenance are required. They will manage all EDI implementation projects with trading partners, third-party vendors, and internal team members. Experience with distributors, 3PL’s, e-Tailers and Retailers is preferred. This person will also monitor for EDI related issues/errors and assist in the notification and resolution of issues.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with trading partners to implement new setups, test new and existing trading partner data maps, and maintain the EDI procedures.
- Leverage knowledge communication channels to monitor EDI communication system and data flows and to troubleshoot and maintain systems, schedule jobs, EDI catalog.
- Work independently with users to define business requirements; strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements within.
- Conduct project meetings, performing project tracking and analysis.
- Ability to meet corporate deadlines relative to implementation schedule
- Monitor EDI communication system, data flow, and respond to interruptions in timely manner.
- Manage all EDI error messages daily
- Continuously explore areas for process improvements.
- Document all processes per trading partner.
- Conduct cross training within IT Department for overlap support.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing on prioritization.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical– Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Attention to Detail– Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Acumen– Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Customer Focus– Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Impact & Influence – Pursues and wins support for ideas; displays ability to influence key decision-makers; achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; addresses divergent opinions.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing– Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 3 to 4 years of EDI experience is required
- Experience with ERP systems
- Working understanding of SPS Commerce, Commerce HUB, or any ERP and EDI software a plus.
- Salespad and Great Plains experience is a plus.
- Prior experience with order processing, preferably with major retail accounts
- Experience entering and retrieving data on web-portals and various vendor sites
- Experience with Vendor Portals
- Added advantage being familiar with large retailer environment
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to learn quickly, multitask and work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to follow directions and ask clarifying questions
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and performance-based environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to define & prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; work harmoniously and effectively as part of a team
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.