Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Job ID
- Clearwater, FL 33756
- Other Location
FrankCrum is a Top Workplace!
Renamed FrankCrum in 2006, the Professional Employer Organization (PEO), is based in Clearwater, Florida and employs more than 250 people who serve over 4,000 business clients offering a full range of HR services, including payroll, employee benefits, HR consulting services and workers’ compensation insurance. Our PEO is a family culture that encourages people to feel at home, collaborate, and respect each other.
The Role You’ll Play to Create Success
We are excited to announce a full-time Sr. IT Infrastructure Engineer position filled with many exciting opportunities! In this role, you will be responsible for providing senior-level infrastructure engineering leadership to ensure the overall stability, security, integrity, and efficiency of the FrankCrum on-premises and cloud environments including engineering, implementation and integration, and technical service and support. Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve highly complex issues in support of business processing requirements. Anticipates and mitigates potential attacks through network or other connections to ensure the security of the system. Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their architecture framework.
- Architect, supervise and participate in the implementation of technologies and platforms supporting a hybrid IT infrastructure environment.
- Ensure high availability of enterprise platforms that support internal employee business functions and external customers.
- Troubleshoot and remediate 3rd level issues impacting the operation of the corporate infrastructure.
- Assist with development and maintenance of security policies, backup strategy, disaster recovery, and business continuity plans.
- Work within established configuration and change management (ITIL) policies and procedures to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the infrastructure environment.
- Manage maintenance and system upgrades ranging from patches/hot fixes to major operating system updates.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team.
- Identify and implement work efficiencies through process improvement techniques.
- Define the scope and timelines of new projects to meet completion deadlines, which may be medium to large scale complex projects affecting the entire enterprise infrastructure.
- 5+ years IT Infrastructure Engineer experience architecting, implementing and supporting a hybrid IT infrastructure environment.
- Experience designing for and supporting public cloud environments in areas including security, identity management, MFA and SSO.
- Experience planning, configuring, optimizing and deploying Microsoft Azure solutions including IaaS, PaaS, AAD, AADS, Automation, Monitor and App Insights.
- In-depth experience with M365 administration including Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Dynamics CRM.
- In-depth understanding of the Microsoft licensing model.
- Experience within the following areas of technology; storage, networks, Windows domains, DNS and DHCP.
- Proficiency working with Hyper-V or VMware servers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012–2019
- Experience with Windows failover clustering, file services, DFS (2012/2016/2019).
- Experience with protocols and technologies such as VPN, IPSEC, NAT and VoIP.
- Experience with network security including FortiNet, Checkpoint or Palo Alto, log analytics, network monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Sound knowledge of PowerShell or other admin scripting language.
- Proven ability to organize and manage work with minimal supervision in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Security, Information Systems or equivalent technology, or in a related field or relevant experience as a senior network infrastructure engineer.
- Professional certifications in one or more of the following preferred; Cloud technology, networking and security (Azure Solutions Architect, Security+, Network+)
The Attributes We Seek
Keys to success in this position include strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills. A 4-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or equivalent plus 6 years related experience. Experience in the Payroll, Employee Benefits, HR or PEO industry and strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Our Competitive Benefits
Along with this great opportunity, FrankCrum also provides exceptional benefits from top carriers including:
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability and Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans (Accidental, Hospital, etc.), and Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - FrankCrum matches 100% of the first 4%, immediate vesting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement
- PTO Cash Out
- Tickets at Work and Corporate America Family Credit Union
- And More!!
What’s Special About FrankCrum
FrankCrum, a family-owned business-to-business entity since 1981 made of several companies: FrankCrum Corporate (a professional employer organization), FrankCrum Staffing, Frank Winston Crum Insurance Company, and the FrankCrum Insurance Agency - all based in Clearwater, Florida. This “family of employer solutions” employs more than 350 people who serve over 4,000 clients throughout the United States. FrankCrum employees are trained to deliver high value through exceptional customer service and treat clients and coworkers like family. By living by our Brand Pillars (Integrity, Affinity, and Prosperity) employees are recognized at quarterly events for exceptional customer service and milestones in tenure.
The FrankCrum headquarters spans 14 acres and includes a cafe, subsidized for employees. Menus include made-to-order breakfast, hot lunch options and even dinners that can be ordered to-go, all at very affordable prices. The cafe also plays host to monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, eating and costume contests, and yearly holiday parties. Through the input of its own employees, The Tampa Bay Times has recognized FrankCrum as a Top Place to Work for 11 years in a row! FrankCrum also supports several community efforts through Trinity Café, the Homeless Empowerment Program, and Clearwater Free Clinic!
If you want to play this role to positively impact our client’s day-to-day business, then apply now!
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.