- Job Title
- Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- Albuquerque, NM 87123
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) is seeking high caliber, motivated Mechanical Engineers who have experience developing secure transportation systems to support NNSA’s Office of Secure Transportation (OST) at the Sandia National Laboratory campus in Albuquerque, NM. Previous experience and knowledge of the Safeguards Transporter (SGT) is preferred but not required. Individual will work collaboratively with technical and Federal Staff on high priority nuclear weapons transportation.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee (or Associate), you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a rapidly growing and successful organization that constantly exceeds client expectations and become a member of our professional family.
Sandia National Laboratory (SNL) is an institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborate on the design, development, and integration of command, control, communication technologies and mechanical systems used in specialized transportation security systems
- Use engineering principles to research, design, or develop structures, instruments, machines, processes, or systems; to construct or operate the same with cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under specific operating conditions
- Conceptualize, design, analyze, and manage product realization of hardware on current and next generation transportation systems
- Work to meet critical schedules in an extremely exciting environment
- Present concepts, designs, test data, results, status to management and team members
- Engage with a team of engineers, designers, scientists, and technologists to resolve complex hardware realization issues
- Active Q clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Access Authorization (security clearance) eligibility requirements, as required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience
Other relevant information
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Albuquerque, NM area
- Must not be subject to employment restrictions at Sandia as a result of being a Sandia retiree.
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years’ experience providing highly specialized technical and management support to the nuclear and environmental industries worldwide. Our staff of nearly 400 professionals offer a broad range of expertise in the areas of project management and operations, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and safety.
Our team spans more than 14 project sites and national laboratories across the United States primarily servicing federal clients and prime contractors including the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and their International counterparts.
L&A is an organization built on a set of core values. ‘Honesty and integrity above all else’, “Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients”, “Always work as a team and support one another” and our other values are not just words; they underpin everything we do and every decision we make. Our company and our staff are widely respected both personally and professionally as a result and we are recognized by our customers and peers as delivering quality work, to budget and schedule. We are committed to making a positive impact in our local communities and are well known for our generous support of worthy causes such as scholarships to support workforce development and to historically disadvantaged institutions, as well as in support of our veterans, and other charitable organizations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
Please visit www.la-inc.com to learn more about us.