Quality Assurance Manager
- Job Title
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks qualified Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to support Advanced Sources and Detectors (ASD) Scorpius Project.
The QA Manager will serve as the single point of contract for the QA program, directing and coordinating all QA organization staff and support activities between multiple Partner Institutions. The individual will act as the Quality Assurance Program Subject Matter Expert and will coordinate the development and approve site-specific Quality Implementation Plans. In addition to implementing QA programs, the QA manager is responsible for approving ASD project-specific supplemental QA procedures used at Partner Institutions and for overseeing implementation of actions for roles and responsibilities of Partner Institution or project-specific QA plans which require quality assurance management approval. The QA Manager will also supervise personnel and review, and approve documents, as well as support qualification of suppliers. The QA manager will support Partner Institutions capabilities for vendor oversight, source surveillance, factory acceptance testing, and receipt inspection, ensure proper documentation of project- related Partner Institution-specific nonconformances and issues and identify and share lessons learned with Partner Institutions. The QA Manager will interact and work alongside the ASD Project director and ASD Technical Director. Continually communication between Directors and QA Manager regarding the facilitate dispositions and resolution of NCRs & issues.
An ideal candidate will have experience and skills in the following areas:
- Authoring and reviewing program, procedures and plans necessary to implement and integrate quality activities for a project involving multiple federal prime contractors
- Nuclear quality assurance
- Planning and conduct of audits and surveillances
- Supplier oversight experience
- Continuous improvement experience, including issues management, corrective, and preventive actions.
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- High energy
- Willingness to learn and take on challenging assignments
- The ability to travel (~25%) for to support oversight of PQARs, supplier qualification, and oversight.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science, industrial engineering, or comparable technical degree
- 20 years of experience (15 years with relevant master’s degree) providing quality assurance and/or quality control functional support for an Accelerator project or Nuclear facility to meet DOE requirements.
- Experience working within an NQA-1 based program
- Extensive experience working with DOE Order 414.1D, 10 CFR 830, Subpart A and NQA-1 at DOE sites.
- Experience with oversight of QA program implementation – especially that of DOE Contractors’
- Ability to lead, perform, and support audits, assessments, surveillance efforts to identify and assess quality issues, deficiencies, and potential non-compliances
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and coordinating activities of quality engineers providing project QA program support including oversight activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of NQA 1 requirements and principles, or similar quality requirements and principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of DOE Order 141.1D, 10 CFR830 Subpart A
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
- Expensive knowledge of DOE facilities
- Advanced analytical and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a high paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action
- Must be United States Citizen
Work is performed in an office setting.
May involve standing and walking for brief periods. May involve minimal or infrequent lifting or carrying.
Primary: Los Alamos, NM
Approximately 25% travel to support oversight activities and supplier qualification
Longenecker & Associates provides highly specialized, fast-response technical and management support to the nuclear and environmental industries. Longenecker & Associates, a small, woman-owned and managed business, employs senior management and technical specialists offering our clients a broad base of highly specialized support. Our team is results-oriented, and we have a proven track record of significant accomplishments and client satisfaction. We are well-versed in both the private and public sectors.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is a policy of L&A to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
L&A Core Values:
- Honesty and integrity above all else.
- Safety, security, and quality are the foundation of everything that we do.
- No surprises for the customer or the team.
- Consistently exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Listen to the customer to ensure we are working on the right problem.
- Only accept assignments and arrangements that we are proud of and that are win-win.
- Proactively manage any real or perceived conflicts with our partners and clients.
- Continually demonstrate our commitment to the success of our clients’ projects.
- Treat clients and team members with respect.
- Assure that people are fairly compensated for their contributions.
- Do not take risks with the reputation of the individuals or the company.
- Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients.
- Always work as a team and support one another.