Senior Manager of Research and Evaluation
- Job Title
- Senior Manager of Research and Evaluation
- Chicago, IL 60606
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Senior Manager of Research and Evaluation. The Senior Manager, Research and Evaluation leads the Research and Evaluation Department in data collection and management, data analysis, report preparation and evaluation-related administrative tasks. The Senior Manager of Research and Evaluation will work on both quantitative and qualitative projects in varied areas, including homelessness, permanent supportive housing initiatives, case management services, HIV healthcare utilization, HIV prevention initiatives, organizational capacity building and health service research. This position has a key leadership role, supervising several staff members.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Manage the design, execution and evaluation of community-based research and evaluation projects; responsibilities include conducting literature reviews, surveys, in-depth interviews, focus groups, data integration and analysis, dissemination activities, and meeting reporting deadlines;
- Develop and maintain qualitative and quantitative data collection materials, site-visit protocols, procedural manuals, and database(s);
- Manage ongoing program monitoring, quality assurance and evaluation activities, including quantitative and qualitative data analysis and retention in longitudinal projects;
- Utilize statistical software for data entry, monitoring and analysis;
- Produce written, tabular and visual materials for research reports and presentations of system-level monitoring and evaluation findings to multiple audiences;
- Coordinate with community-based organizations to facilitate data collection and reporting;
- Represent AFC at local, state, and national conferences and meetings.
Internal and External Collaboration
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to complete assigned tasks and achieve program goals;
- Attend, contribute to and/or oversee regular project team meetings.
- Hire, train, mentor, and supervise assigned staff; assist in the recruitment and selection of team staff; create scheduling and job assignments; manage performance and complete and communicate performance evaluations, disciplinary, and other personnel actions in accordance with personnel policies and procedures;
- Provide professional development opportunities and guidance to assigned staff;
- Oversee the training of interview staff and the development of training materials.
- For projects led by Research and Evaluation, monitor and manage associated budgets;
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, World of Chocolate and others;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree AND 3 or more years program evaluation and/or social science or health services research experience
PLUS 2 or more years supervisory experience
Experience utilizing Public Health and/or social/behavioral concepts and models
Experience utilizing and /or interpreting Public Health Informatics
Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects
2 or more years supervisory experience related to evaluation projects or program management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Solid ability to prioritize, plan, and coordinate work activities, and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished efficiently, in addition to having strong time management skills.
The ability to train, coach, and develop employees.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and well thought out.
Knowledge of statistical software programs (i.e., SPSS, SAS) and the ability to import data, select the appropriate analyses, conduct the analyses, and generate output reports.
And the ability to use advanced Excel Microsoft Office applications in order to perform job duties such as importing and exporting data, creating formulas, pivot tables, and conducting data analysis are key to success in this role.
Also, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve Agency goals are key to success in this role.
Please reference position code SPS SMRAE 501
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.