- Job Title
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking for an individual to serve as our Full-Time Receptionist. The Receptionist will answer AFC’s general phone line and direct callers to the appropriate department or staff person and provide light clerical and administrative support. This position will be the first point of contact between callers and visitors to the AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC).
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Answer AFC’s general phone line and direct callers to the appropriate department or staff person while maintaining confidentiality;
- Assist and direct visitors to AFC’s offices;
- Act as liaison between AFC staff and building security regarding visitor and guest access.
Clerical and Administrative Assistance
- Perform light clerical duties, including but not limited to: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and oversight of incoming mail and deliveries;
- Maintain office supplies, including but not limited to: receiving and stocking general office supplies, maintaining printer and copier supplies, and other daily responsibilities related to operating a functioning office environment;
- Assist with meeting room oversight and set-up.
- Attend and assist with agency-wide events and activities as directed;
- Assist with other AFC activities as requested;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma and 1 or more years reception and administrative support experience.
PLUS 1 or more years experience using Microsoft Office functionality with an emphasis in Outlook.
2 or more years experience using intermediate Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); bilingual English/Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Outstandingly customer services with the ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
Friendly and helpful demeanor for interacting with callers and guests.
Knowledge of and experience with operation of standard office equipment.
Ability to work as part of a team and as a self-directed individual, depending on the project.
Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
The ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 35 pounds).
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.