PACPI Development Manager
- Job Title
- PACPI Development Manager
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV and related chronic diseases. We envision a world in which people living with HIV and related chronic diseases will thrive, and new HIV infections will be rare. Our work focuses on improving health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, and being a bold voice for change.
We are seeking for an individual to serve as our PACPI Development Manager. This position is responsible for leveraging programs and relationships to secure revenue from foundations, corporations, organizations, government entities, and individuals to support the Pediatric AIDS Chicago Prevention Initiative.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Foundation and Corporate Relations
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize potential funders for specific programs and initiatives;
- Facilitate the development of relationships with funders through personal meetings, regular communications, or arranging for meetings with PACPI’s executive director, board, and/or programmatic staff;
- Set, track and meet grant submission and reporting deadlines (using grant spreadsheet tool);
- Draft and oversee the development of funding proposals to help ensure proper submission;
- Coordinate the gathering of information (budgets, materials, evaluation reports, etc.) to support grant requests and reporting;
- Track the fulfillment of grants with program staff and serve as an ongoing liaison to donors;
- Attend outreach events as PACPI representative as needed.
Individual Donor Development
- Create an annual fundraising calendar of activities for the annual giving program;
- Maintain donor records and ensure the accuracy and efficacy of the donor database;
- Design and implement strategies for building a contact list.
Media and Communications
- Develop and execute media and marketing campaigns in support of PACPI’s mission;
- Research, write, and edit media and promotional materials, press releases, and stories;
- Assist in the development of key media contacts, establishing relationships with the press, developing press packets, and writing news releases and other articles;
- Research and develop free sources for donated goods and services for client donations;
- Maintain PACPI website regarding programs, campaigns and other information;
- Develop an annual media plan and budget in collaboration with the PACPI Executive Director and Board;
- Maintain PACPI’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Systems and Infrastructure
- Process all donations received and maintain donor records;
- Create quarterly and annual fundraising reports;
- Manage donor acknowledgment, including thank you notes, donor receipts and phone calls;
- Oversee information systems to track and follow-up all potential and actual donors and to evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising initiatives.
- Leverage existing relationships to secure major gifts from individuals;
- Work with the Board of Directors and executive staff to identify, cultivate, and solicit major gift prospects and donors;
- Implement a moves management system to support major gifts;
- Lead the production of special letters, gift acknowledgments, and other communications with major gift donors.
- Implement occasional events to support the development function;
- Help organize PACPI’s team for AIDS Run & Walk Chicago;
- Organize other events (public and invitation only) to help promote PACPI, as appropriate.
- Develop new initiatives and implement programming to support PACPI participants;
- Help develop new programmatic initiatives with PACPI staff and secure funding;
- Implement programmatic activities (i.e. educational/vocational support, career fairs).
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3 or more years in fund development and/or fundraising
2 years experience working with non-profit, community-based programs
Communications and Public Relations experience
ETapestry or other development database program experience
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines.
Ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
Ability to effectively and accurately represent PACPI information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability and desire to take leadership on projects with minimal direct supervision.
Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Please reference position code PACPDM 601
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.