Located in beautiful Western Michigan between Grand Rapids and the shores of Lake Michigan, QST Consultations, LTD. is a full-service clinical research organization (CRO) providing full clinical operations, data management, statistical analysis support and medical writing services to the drug and device development industries. Founded in 1974, the company has collaborated with clients on many successful Phase I-III and Post-Marketing clinical trials designed to support 510(k), PMA, ANDA, and NDA submissions, along with ongoing marketing activity support. QST’s primary focus is to meet the goals of each client through personalized service and technical expertise; we currently work with a range of sponsors that extend from small start-up organizations to well-established leaders in the pharmaceutical industry.
As the company continues to grow, there is an incredible opportunity for a Clinical Database Programmer I to support database build activities including the development, validation, deployment, and maintenance of the EDC database. Our ideal candidate will report onsite in our Allendale office.
Are you ready to join the team?
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, programming, validating and maintaining EDC clinical trial databases according to company standards
- Maintaining and contributing to company library of standard EDC CDASH compliant CRFs and company library of edit checks
- Reviewing protocol to determine data collection requirements and evaluating against data standards
- Performing programming requiring complex programming logic
- Creating all required documentation related to programming activities
- Attending meetings, participating in discussions, and using an analytical approach to problem solving with a focus on quality deliverables
- Programming and testing reports to support data review efforts
- Participating in the execution of test scripts associated with database validation, edit check validation, and in export quality control activities as necessary
- Have a bachelor’s degree with at least one (1) year of relevant industry experience or a high school diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- Understand pharmaceutical development and Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Have working knowledge of EDC database design and clinical data management systems (Oracle Inform and Medidata Rave preferred)
- Have prior experience with relational databases, programming languages such as SAS, C#, C++, Java, and database maintenance and programming
- Be proficient in standard office applications such as Word, Excel, and Acrobat
- Be organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Be reliable and task-focused
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop sense of harmony and build rapport within the team
Recognized as a top company to watch in Michigan, QST is a small employee-owned company that has been making a big impact in the CRO industry over the last 40 years. If you desire a rewarding career where you can make a difference, we encourage you to apply today!