Territory Manager (1-Step) - California
- Job Title
- Territory Manager (1-Step) - California
- Job ID
- Riverside, CA
- Other Location
Territory Manager (1-Step Distribution) - California
Job Title: Territory Manager (1-Step) – California
Department: Channel Sales (1-Step)
Manager: Director, Channel Sales (1-Step)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Territory Manager will strategically partner with distributors, contractors, builders, developers, property management firms, architects, and other applicable decision makers with the ultimate goal of increased revenues for the 1-Step Channel within assigned territory.
The position will be based out of a home office and require regular travel
Region markets include: California.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet / exceed sales goals for Fortress Fence Products.
- Manage current customer relationships and become a strong partner through an insight selling approach.
- Target, identify, and grow the dealer network as needed to ensure adequate coverage and availability of Fortress products.
- Target, identify, and grow the contractor network to ensure market saturation, exposure, and availability for Fortress products.
- Demonstrate a “pull through” sales approach that builds demand and specification for Fortress products at the contractor, distributor, and specification levels.
- Schedule and perform product training sessions for new and/or existing products.
- Schedule and perform CEU classes for architects.
- As the market expert, conduct and report competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales-related information for the territory.
- Identify and work key trade shows and/or home and garden shows in the territory to ensure that Fortress has strong exposure.
- Provide a weekly report to Regional Sales Manager.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to CRM system
- Work national trade shows as applicable.
- Other responsibilities as relevant to position and assigned by manager.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contracts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meets customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in the fence, construction, or building materials industry
- Willingness and ability to structure productive activity plans from a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to design and execute a sales plan to drive intended results
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Must be a team player with dedication to the 1-Step Channel’s success
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight up to 25% of the time
- Bilingual a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- CRM experience a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional/home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.