Director, Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce)
- Job Title
- Director, Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce)
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Director, Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce)
Department: Channel Sales
Manager: VP, Channel Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is seeking an experienced Director of Channel Sales to lead our Retail and eCommerce business. The Director, Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce) will manage large, key retail accounts on behalf of Fortress Building Products cultivating and sustaining strong customer relationships with major national retailers and e-tailers. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies, programs, and initiatives to deliver on sales, profit targets, and market share goals in all product lines across brick-and-mortar, .com, and eCommerce-only retail channels. The Director, Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce) will partner cross-functionally to ensure effective sales integration and consistent shopping experiences across all channels especially as it relates to pricing and management of the Fortress Building Products brand. This position will report to the VP, Channel Sales.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with the VP, Channel Sales to develop annual sales goals and budget. Own and be accountable for performance against sales plans and budget.
- Develop and implement strategies (short and long-term), programs, and initiatives to deliver on sales, profit targets, and market share goals in all product lines across multiple channels and customers.
- Cultivate and sustain strong customer relationships with key decision makers (buyers, senior management, etc.) at major national retailers and e-tailers.
- Negotiate customer contracts that deliver high-growth results. Execute existing contracts and own the renewal.
- Partner with customers to develop business plans, identifying programs, products, distribution, and merchandising solutions that increase profits for the customer and Fortress Building Products.
- Develop and deliver customer annual sales plans, ensuring attainment of Fortress Building Products’ sales goals and profitability.
- Partner with internal Product & Brand teams to develop and implement pricing strategies based on analytics and market feedback.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure effective sales integration with retail partners across all channels in order to maximize sales opportunities and market penetration.
- Oversee the overall web presence including the online assortment, product presentation, promotions, price management, effective organization, and navigation.
- Understand the current/future market conditions and the retail competitive landscape. Evaluate business trends, consumer attributes, product performance, and distribution patterns and communicate to the organization as needed.
- Identify new business opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action.
- Establish KPIs and metrics to track and report on performance.
- Implement sales procedures, processes, and controls that will improve efficiencies and support our growth.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development, and retention of the Retail and eCommerce channel sales team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Direct responsibility to lead, manage, and hold accountable the following positions and indirect responsibility for all employees that report into these positions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and developing direct reports; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- eCommerce Specialist
- Retail Store Specialists
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meets customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Financial Management – Responsibly allocates and accounts for the use of fiscal resources; works within the designed budget and keeps in mind the short and long-term organizational goals; considers cost implications of decisions; seeks ways to reduce costs; exercises cost control through expense monitoring and attention to detail.
Impact & Influence – Pursues and wins support for ideas; displays ability to influence key decision-makers; achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; addresses divergent opinions.
Managing Customer Focus – Promotes customer focus; ensures that organizational resources and support are focused on meeting customer needs; holds others accountable for meeting customer needs; establishes relationships with key customers; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Performance Coaching – Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Team Leadership – Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive sales experience including extensive experience managing Big Box and large national accounts within the building products industry
- Minimum of 4 years in a sales management role with a consistent record of managing teams to exceed sales performance expectations
- Successful experience managing eCommerce accounts such as Amazon, Wayfair, HomeDepot.com, etc.
- Demonstrated success at selling differentiated products
- Solid understanding of how to formulate short and long-term business strategies
- Ability to create, understand, and analyze sales performance metrics
- Pro-actively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the customer and the business
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with various internal teams on projects and key initiatives
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
- Dallas area residency preferred
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.