Warehouse Lead (2nd Shift)
- Job Title
- Warehouse Lead (2nd Shift)
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Warehouse Lead (2nd Shift)
Job Title: Warehouse Lead
Department: Warehouse Operations
Manager: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Salary Non-Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Shift : 4:30PM to 1:30AM
The Warehouse Lead will contribute to the success of Fortress Building Products by supervising and coordinating the day to day warehouse operations. The Warehouse Lead wills be responsible for direct leadership of multiple employees in a large, fast-pace environment. Coordinate and control daily department operations to ensure daily production volumes are met or surpassed. Trains, coaches and develops staff to ensure a world class level of productivity and accuracy. Actively seeks to continuously improve the policies, procedures and processes for the warehouse.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures a safe work environment through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and identifying safety opportunities.
- Utilize warehouse management systems to maximize efficiency and productivity of workflow, allocating required resources to ensure timely completion and flow of processes.
- Tracks, compiles, analyzes, and reports data and statistics regarding work area productivity, accuracy, efficiency, volume, and results of projects.
- Provide direction and assistance to team by clarifying questions pertaining to job assignments and resolving issues.
- Assist in training, developing and managing Warehouse Associates.
- Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counseling to required results.
- Oversee shipping and receiving functions as applicable
- Performs handling, storing and recording activities.
- Assisting with loading or unloading shipments.
- Assisting with pulling and picking orders.
- Warehouse Associates
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Cooperation– Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Job Knowledge– Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current development; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience within a manufacturing or warehouse environment is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required: Associates degree strongly preferred
- Three or more years of related experience with warehouse management, inventory management, and receiving and distribution process
- Mechanical skills and ability to operate manual and industrial equipment such as a pallet jacks and forklifts. Forklift certification required.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs and able to perform work in outside weather conditions.
- Successful communication – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop both self and others.
- Ability to analyze problems, create solutions, and multi-task with attention to detail.
- Complying with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Forklift Certification
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. Some of the work may require usage of required personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.