- Job Title
- eCommerce Specialist
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Department: Channel Sales
Manager: Director, Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is seeking an eCommerce Specialist to join our Channel Sales team. As part of the Channel Sales team, this position will support revenue growth in the eCommerce channel by driving the expansion of online sales initiatives for our customer accounts.
The eCommerce Specialist will manage the day-to-day activity and overall site performance of multiple retailer .com sites and online marketplaces to include product listings and content, inventory availability, pricing, and promotional activities. This position will collaborate cross functionally with internal departments to optimize the user experience, increase sales and conversion rates, and grow brand awareness and loyalty for Fortress on customer sites. The eCommerce Specialist will also be responsible for generating reports, analyzing performance data, conducting competitor research on customer sites, and making recommendations for improvements to internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with successful experience in retail big box account support for Menards, Home Depot, or similar retailers. eCommerce sales experience on platforms such as Amazon and Wayfair a plus.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate cross functionally with internal departments including Marketing, Product & Brand, Sales, Operations, Customer Care, and IT to deliver performance improvements.
- Create, manage, and maintain product listings in customer portals as required by partner compliance.
- Monitor daily inventory levels to support customer orders received.
- Assist Sales and Demand Planning in gathering and analyzing POS data. Partner with Demand Planning to ensure accurate forecasting and consistent stock levels are maintained on our customer sites and marketplaces.
- Communicate planned and actual order ship dates by customer required methods.
- Research order exceptions and any compliance deviations.
- Manage day-to-day site operations including product content, inventory availability, pricing, and promotional activities in order to increase conversion rates and generate revenue growth.
- Partner with Product Development and Marketing to appropriately plan for new product launches.
- Serve as a key liaison between the customer and Fortress Building Products always working to provide ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that customer inquiries and issues are addressed immediately and that end results meet an acceptable level of closure.
- Partner with IT to develop, test, and launch new EDI requirements.
- Compile reports and analyze performance data, monitor competitor activity on customer sites, and stay up-to-date on eCommerce trends and best practices. Make recommendations to internal team for specific initiatives to improve performance and increase profitability.
- Other tasks as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contracts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Supply Chain, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in retail big box account support for Menards, Home Depot, or similar retailers required
- 2+ years of eCommerce sales experience on platforms such as Amazon and Wayfair preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of eCommerce best practices and sales strategies
- Solid understanding of shipping and fulfillment requirements for .com and online marketplaces
- Experience with digital analytics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive online revenue and marketing programs
- Proven ability to meet challenging deadlines and collaborate cross-functionally with various internal teams on projects and key initiatives
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in portal software such as Partners, EDI support such as SPS Commerce, and ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains a plus
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.