Builder Sales Specialist (Single Family & Multi-Family) - Southeast
- Job Title
- Builder Sales Specialist (Single Family & Multi-Family) - Southeast
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
- Atlanta, GA
Builder Sales Specialist – Southeast
Department: Channel Sales (Specifications Business)
Manager: Director, Builder Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote within Territory
Fortress Building Products is seeking a single family and multi-family Builder Sales Specialist to join our Channel Sales team. This position will be responsible for developing strategies to increase sales and market share with major single family and multi-family builders as well as multi-family rehabilitation contractors. In addition to being high energy and highly motivated, the Builder Sales Specialist must have the ability to perform exterior takeoffs, meet corporate objectives, and develop and execute strategies to increase and retain multi-family business.
This position will work closely with various members of the Channel Sales team including the Director of Builder Sales, Directors of Channel Sales for 1-step and 2-Step distribution, Regional Sales Managers, and Territory Managers to identify new selling opportunities and targets and to maximize sales revenue. The Builders Sales Specialist will also work closely in territory with the Sr. Area Specifications Manager and Area Specifications Specialists.
The position will be based out of a home office and require regular travel. Candidates must be located within the assigned territory to be considered. Territory coverage for this position consists of the Southeast portion of the United States (TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL).
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive all brands (Fortress Fence, Fortress Railing, Fortress Deck, Fortress Framing, and OZCO) into the multi-family & single family markets.
- Create Annual Sales Plan and Budget and communicate necessary actions, tools and resources required to accomplish plan and budget.
- Make presentations and sales calls on the Top Property Managers/REITS, Multi-family Builders & Remodelers, and Single Family Builders.
- Communicate, present, enroll participants and manage all national programs (rebate, etc.) to the respective territory.
- Organize and set up an installer network for all Fortress Brands to facilitate projects in channel.
- Foster an environment of open communication.
- Maintain a high energy and comprehensive working knowledge of our product lines.
- Develop new business target list, develop strategy and tactics for new account acquisition, conduct meetings, presentations, site visits, produce quotes and close new business specific to the multi-family and commercial market to consistently attain and exceed sales objectives.
- Identify and initiate contact with key buying influences within target accounts to develop long-term business relationships.
- Work with other channel sales force in organizing and coordinating sales to multi-family and/or commercial projects within their geographical territories.
- Reports to the Director of Sales as to the status of the region in all areas including successes, failures and needs
- Maintains knowledge of local building trends, code, and compliances.
- Coordinate projects, anticipate customer needs, planning, ordering, and issue resolution.
- Assist in hands on, site installation training for new customers and/or subs.
- Attend industry events and work national trade shows as applicable.
- Positively impacts the local industry through community involvement and participation in builder industry associations, events, and committees.
- Record activity and projects into company CRM and to keep all information correct and up to date.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meets customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Continuous Learning – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Organization Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism – Practices good hygiene and presents an appropriate professional appearance; understands how one is perceived by others; takes actions intended to have a position effect on others; makes a friendly impression on others by using good eye contact and using names whenever possible; develops and maintains positive working relationships and maintains a pleasant work attitude.
Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contracts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years successful experience in single family and multi-family sales with a consistent track record of exceeding expectations
- Working knowledge of building materials industry and products
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient ability to perform exterior material takeoffs from rough site walks and blueprints/plans
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and CRM software (Salesforce, Zoho, etc.)
- Strong closing skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to drive results
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Approximately 50% - 75% overnight travel required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional/home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.