Tax Research Manager
- Job Title
- Tax Research Manager
- Job ID
- Plano, TX 75024
- Other Location
Would you LOVE to not be burdened with the chaos of "busy season?"
Do you find the variety of your work in public accounting rewarding and challenging, but DREAD the cycle of endless hours each February through April and September through October?
Then you need to contact us immediately to discuss this new role with one of our rapidly-expanding large local consulting firms that has been recognized as a Best Place to Work for three of the last five years by both local and national publications.
Our client is one of Dallas' largest specialty consulting firms focused on managing the investments of several high net worth individuals and the businesses that help create that success and wealth. Due to their expansion and growth, our client is seeking a hands-on leader to join their Tax Team. In this role, our client is seeking:
- BBA in Accounting required/MBA/MS-Tax highly preferred
- CPA required
- Minimum of six (6) plus year experience in public accounting in a hands-on position interfacing with staff, managers, partners, and external clients
- Extensive tax knowledge and high level of comfort handling research
- Excellent skills working with 1120s and 1065 entities
- Above-average communication skills - both written and verbal
As a part of the management team with our client, you will work in a matrix-type role providing technical guidance and support to both the compliance and planning groups within our client's firm. Your excellent communication skills will allow you to consistently interface with firm executive leadership and client leadership including CEO's, CFO's, VP-Finance, Tax VP/Director, Controller, etc. This role will be responsible for:
- Providing high-level research and updates to the team on key tax issues pertaining to S-Corps, partnerships and other complex LLC tax issues
- Manage the communication channels between staff and IRS/State representatives pertaining to notices and audits
- Act as the main educator within the team for updating curriculum and delivering tax training within our client's "Continuing Education Institute"
- Participate and represent the firm within external continuing education initiatives to ensure your training and knowledge is at the top of the game
In exchange for your skills and track record of success, our client is offering a key position that keeps you at the forefront of the firm's continued growth and expansion. While this position will report to the Tax PIC, you will have a constant channel of communication within the firm's overall leadership. Our client also offers a highly competitive base salary and bonus package, 401K, financial planning services, excellent PTO policy, flexible work options and a schedule that has NO BUSY SEASON!!
If the prospect of facing another busy season with hours that push you into the 60-80 range for the first three to four months of the year is causing you to lose sleep at night, then you owe it to yourself to at least make a phone call to see if a role like this would be the right move for you and your career.