Tax Manager - Houston-Based Remote Opportunity
- Job Title
- Tax Manager - Houston-Based Remote Opportunity
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77065
- Other Location
Are you tired of spending one to three hours per day sitting in Houston traffic?
Have you "heard" about those remote work opportunities but thought they were too good to be true?
Have you dreamed about a career in public accounting that DIDN'T require you to sacrifice your family at the altar of your job, but it's been just that - A DREAM?!?
Believe it or not, but this career opportunity may be the answer to your prayers!
Benaiah Consulting Group has recently partnered with one of Houston's fastest-growing Accounting and Consulting firms. In the last three years, our client has expanded their business operation by doubling their staff and is now looking for that RIGHT person that is ready to look at being the cornerstone of the tax group.
Our client is a 100% remote work corporation with their corporate offices located in NW Houston. Do you live in Kingwood? The Woodlands? Conroe? Sugarland? Galveston? College Station? Bellaire? Memorial Area? Katy? Not a problem, since 99% of your work time will be spent working at your home office or wherever you feel comfortable logging in and doing your work.
Our client has rapidly become a force in the tax planning and consulting space for small to mid-sized businesses both locally and across the US. Our client is projecting a doubling in size in 2020 and another growth of at least 50% in 2021. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with tax compliance team to review and ensure client's tax returns are being delivered in a timely and accurate fashion
- Managing workflow from initial client meeting through delivery and filing of client's returns
- Working with clients on strategic and targeted tax planning to ensure client's tax liabilities are minimized as much as possible
- Reviewing and preparing annual corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns - federal and state - for clients in the Houston area as well as other areas of the US
- Provide ongoing tax counsel, guidance and advice for clients on a consistent basis
- Work hand-in-hand with firm ownership to seek out opportunities to expand business offerings
- Hire, train and assist in developing fully-remote, Houston-based tax compliance and research/planning team
- Support accounting team
- Provide tax projections on a semi-annual basis for client meetings and on an as-needed basis.
To succeed in this role, our client is seeking:
- BBA/BS in Accounting REQUIRED
- MBA/MS in Accounting a PLUS
- 4+ years CURRENT or VERY RECENT PUBLIC ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE
- Above average knowledge of complex tax issues including extensive PARTNERSHIP TAX KNOWLEDGE
- CPA, Parts Passed or ability to sit for exam A MUST!!
- Prior experience working with high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, real estate management companies, construction coompanies, S-Corp businesses
- CURRENTLY RESIDE/LIVE IN THE GREATER HOUSTON AREA
- Ability to HIT THE GROUND RUNNING and a verifiable track record of accomplishment and career growth
- Solid experience working with multiple accounting systems including QuickBooks, MS Dynamics, Xero, Sage, FreshBooks, etc.
This role is a permanent, full-time, salaried position with a local Houston-based accounting and consulting firm.
This is not a franchise-support role
This is not a commission or sales position
For the person that has the vision to assist in building out the future, and has a desire to be a part of an exceptional career opportunity, our client is offering:
- Exceptional compensation package including base salary, bonus plan and top-shelf benefits plan
- A true REMOTE WORK - WORK FROM HOME CAREER OPPORTUNITY
- Professional yet fun and collaborative team structure
If you have been spending too many hours sacrificing your family and personal life at the altar of your job, AND YOU RESIDE WITHIN THE GREATER HOUSTON AREA, then you owe it to yourself to contact us for a confidential, no-obligation exploratory conversation & at least see if this could be the right move for your career.