Current Job Postings
At PHP we believe in providing high quality, efficient care for nearly a half-million Coloradoans. One of the ways we do that is by taking care of our employee’s first. Benefits include competitive compensation, a generous health plan, vision, dental, life insurance, and 401(K) matching. In addition to the essential benefits, we also offer some fun ones like exercise incentives, happy hours, profit sharing, and philanthropy projects. These are just some of the reasons why we have been ranked a Top Workplace in the Denver Post for 8 years!
Check out this video to learn more about what makes us special.
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant
- Littleton, CO
- Other Location
Note: This position is not employed by Physician Health Partners. Upon submitting your application, it will be sent to Family Medicine Clinic.
The Practice: Forward thinking busy Family Practice located in South West Metro area (Littleton). Our practice has 6 providers who provide extended care hours to meet our patients needs. We see patients from new born to 100 years+. We are nationally certified in Diabetes and Heart Care and we participate in the National Program of Comprehensive Patient Care (CPC+) which encourages proactive patient care. We are part of Colorado Physician Partners, a collaborative effort to provide high level, cost effective patient care. We have adjunct staffing of a Social Worker, Mental Health therapist, Physical trainer and Registered Nurse to ensure we are providing total patient care.
The Community: Located in Littleton, CO and close to great biking, hiking as well as various entertainment venues. This community is touted as one of the best destinations in Colorado to raise a family.
- Performs a variety of clinical tasks within scope of practice as directed by an authorized health care provider.
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients, such as vital signs and charting of patient complaints.
- Provides direct patient care including wound care, injections, patient education and other medical procedures.
- Manages lab and other test results as appropriate.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments/equipment and maintains stock of supplies.
- Triages phone calls.
- May assist with front office duties and scheduling of tests and/or patient appointments.
- Responsible for accurate chart documentation and medical record maintenance.
- Assures appropriate charges for performed services are recorded.
- Attends/conducts in-service presentations and seminars to facilitate personal and professional growth.
- High school diploma/GED; diploma from an accredited medical assistant program; our practice is also willing to host externships.
- Follow written and oral directions. Enter and retrieve data via computer software.
- Prepare medical documentation and report summaries conforming to all rules of punctuation, spelling, grammar, dictation and style.
- Ability to work in high stress environment, respond to emergencies and maintain emotional control. Calmly react to urgent situations.
- Participate in quality initiatives to improve care and productivity.
- Ability to work cohesively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Possess interpersonal abilities sufficient to interact with individuals, families and groups from a variety of social, emotional, cultural and intellectual backgrounds.
- Establish good rapport with patients and coworkers.
- Able to understand and apply information, policies, procedures and skills required by the position.
- Experience triaging phone calls and coordination requests for medication refills.
- Experience taking vital signs, drawing blood, giving injections, obtaining urine specimens, performing EKGs, bladder ultra sounds and other procedures within scope of license.
- Accurate documentation, charting and charges of all care provided.
- Stock and maintain exam rooms to daily par levels.
- Is adept with qualitative, quantitative or technical tools needed to perform the job.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in providing safe, quality patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures as well as medical equipment and instruments used in administering patient care.
- Accuracy, neatness and thoroughness with performing the job.
- Anticipates needs of user and ensures these needs are taken into consideration when completing assignments.
- Able to complete assigned tasks within a specific time frame.
- Seeks additional tasks when assigned tasks are completed.
- Able to perform all clinic associated clerical duties as assigned.
Job Schedule: Full Time
Workdays: Mon – Friday and one in six Saturdays
Benefit Package 80% health and dental covered
120 hours PTO