Customer Care Specialist- Building Products
- Job Title
- Customer Care Specialist- Building Products
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Customer Care Specialist
Job Title: Customer Care Specialist
Department: Global Logistics and Order Management
Manager: Customer Service and Support Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Location: Garland, TX
The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing world-class customer service to our customers including distributors, dealers, contractors, and homeowners on behalf of Fortress Building Products. This role ensures an enhanced customer experience and drives customer loyalty through positive communication with customers that supports and delivers on their needs in a timely manner.
The Customer Care Specialist is primarily responsible for responding to and investigating customer inquiries via phone and email to include: providing appropriate technical and/or product-related information, assisting with stock checks and quotations, coordinating distributor buyer relationships, obtaining customer feedback, ensuring positive resolution of complaints, and warranty processing and management.
The Customer Care Specialist must possess a strong customer orientation, passion for customer service, and friendly, professional demeanor. In addition, working knowledge of our products and prior construction or installation experience is helpful for this role. Above all this candidate must embody and embrace the Fortress Core Values.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Professionally receive and handle calls regarding customer service, to include, product line inquiries, quotes, inventory levels, warranties, phone orders and high-priority orders. Direct calls to the necessary recipients as appropriate; complaint resolution.
- Receive and handle incoming faxes and direct to necessary recipients.
- Direct customer purchase orders received by fax and/or email to necessary recipients.
- Provide detailed product support to customers, distributors, and sales representatives.
- Work with the management team to stay updated on the latest product knowledge and any changes in company policies.
- Provide residential quotes with freight charges.
- Maintain accurate customer information.
- Provide inside sales support for Regional Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Assist sales staff and customers with order/invoice questions.
- Assist management with other duties as assigned.
- Process credits.
- Process RGAs or returns.
- Process freight claims for damaged shipments.
- Process warranty orders and maintain a warranty file.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation– Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism – Practices good hygiene and presents an appropriate professional appearance; understands how one is perceived by others; takes actions intended to have a position effect on others; makes a friendly impression on others by using good eye contact and using names whenever possible; develops and maintains positive working relationships and maintains a pleasant work attitude.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college is desired in a related field.
- 2+ years of customer service related experience required. Previous building materials, construction, or installation experience strongly preferred.
- Holds a high customer service orientation and positive attitude
- Excellent active listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Presents a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be an effective team player
- Strong computer, typing, and phone handling skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software a plus
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.