Ryan White Training Associate (Part-Time)
- Job Title
- Ryan White Training Associate (Part-Time)
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking for an individual to serve as our Ryan White Training Associate. This is a Part-Time position (20 hours/week). The Training Associate will coordinate and assist with all AFC funded direct service provider and peer-related trainings. The Associate will be an AFC representative for ongoing training activities across the organization. The Associate will aid in the implementation and standardization of tools to assess training needs, will coordinate the trainings calendar with other relevant AFC departments, and evaluate the effectiveness of trainings. The Associate will help explore the development and implementation of trainings utilizing various formats based on participant feedback, including but not limited to webinars and video training formats.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Training calendar upkeep, which would include tracking all available spaces, monitoring upcoming trainings for promotion, and following-up with off-site spaces;
- Training Maintenance, which includes RSVP follow-up, handout/Power Point preparation, food/catering management and trainer coordination;
- Assist in the creation of a calendar of service provider and consumer trainings on an annual basis incorporating input from providers, consumers, funders, and AFC staff;
- Communicate training opportunities to providers and consumers via email lists; monitor and maintain list;
- When necessary, fill in as a back-up trainer;
- Customize trainings per special requests;
- Seek opportunities for AFC to take the lead on regional trainings/conferences.
Planning, Evaluating, Reporting
- Quality assurance of trainings, which would include post-training evaluation data entry, analyzing evaluation data for training improvement, and engaging with case managers for feed-back at regular intervals, and reporting feedback to trainers;
- Utilize information to improve training sessions; assist in creating training summaries to be reported to funders;
- Coordinate the collection of case manager training information to monitor the compliance of contractually required case manager training requirements.
Cross Departmental Work
- Collaborate with the Research and Evaluation and Data Services teams to give accurate reporting on trainings, surveys, and client input;
- Provide technical assistance and related support to Case Managers and other students;
- Provide additional staff support to the Interdepartmental Training Workgroup to coordinate agency training efforts and assist with other departments’ training-related data entry as needed.
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Attend and actively participate in required All Staff meetings: monthly Care Team meetings;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks;
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates degree and previous experience with Public Speaking and Training Development
PLUS 1 or more years experience using a relational database (i.e., Access, Provide, Client Track)
PLUS 1 or more years experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
Bachelor’s degree in a human service field
1 or more years experience developing and delivering training
1 or more years of HIV-specific experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong attention to detail skill and able to multi-task while ensuring that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
Solid verbal/written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships to identify client’s/customer’s needs.
Diversity Awareness and the ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
Strong ability to use various Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and/or other database programs in order to perform job duties such as generating basic reports using these programs.
Please reference position code PROGRAMS RWTA 902
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.