- Job Title
- Tax Manager
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75041
- Other Location
Was your 2019 busy season more than 55 hours per week on average?
Does your current firm still measure your billable hours and utilization rate each month or year?
Did you say goodbye to your spouse and kids on January 15th and forgot what they looked like for the next four months?
Do you live in the Rockwall, Rowlett, Murphy, Garland, Mesquite or Plano areas and spend more than 30-45 minutes commuting each way ON A GOOD DAY?
If so, then read on and discover a firm that:
- Averaged 52 hours per week during last year's busy season!!
- Subscribes to a "Results-Focused" work environment vs. how many hours you've personally billed
- Has flex hours allowing you to cut your commute to half its current time & avoiding daily traffic chaos
Our client's ideal candidate will possess
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA designation
- 5+ years overall tax experience in a Big 4, Regional or Local public accounting firm
- 3+ years overall experience in management, leadership, mentoring and staff development capacity
- Solid exposure handling tax compliance, planning and consulting in the areas of Corporate (S-Corp and some C-Corp), Partnership, Trust, Estate, High Net Worth Individual, Not-for-Profit and some general 1040 individual work
- You must come from an environment where small businesses and individuals are the primary customer base. A large corporate tax candidate dealing with high-level ASC 740, planning, provisioning expertise will not work in this role
In this role, our client is seeking a leader whose responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management/leadership of the client accounting and tax team providing mentoring, leadership, direction on a consistent basis
- Focusing on both the tactical, day to day activities of the tax department as well as the overall firm's direction, vision and ultimate implementation of that plan
- A big-picture thinker who is continuously seeking opportunities for the firm's development of new business, while also focusing on the current client service offerings to ensure alignment with the overall value proposition of the firm
- Stay up to date on current tax laws, trends to ensure there is constant value being delivered to current and future clients
Our client is seeking someone that will be a difference-maker in their business through their technical knowledge, their teaching/mentoring abilities, their business-building acumen, and their exceptional work ethic.
If you have been contemplating joining an organization that is looking for an entrepreneurial mindset, a hands-on, boots-on-the-ground leader and willing to show you a path to partnership, then you owe it to yourself to contact us for a CONFIDENTIAL DISCUSSION.