Senior Application Specialist (Dynamics GP / Great Plains)
- Job Title
- Senior Application Specialist (Dynamics GP / Great Plains)
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Senior Application Specialist
Manager: Director, Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is seeking a Senior Application Specialist to join our Technology team! This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the ERP system and other connected applications for the company. The Senior Application Specialist will be pivotal in helping execute the strategy and direction of the Executive leadership team and Director, Technology, leading software launches and process improvements across the organization.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a combination of strong technical and people skills, proven training ability, and previous Microsoft Dynamics GP implementation experience. Please note, Dallas or surrounding area residency is needed for this position and remote candidates will not be considered.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Draw from ERP implementation experience, internalizing and leading software related efforts at Fortress Building Products.
- Project Manager for all software rollouts.
- Collaborate with staff to identify business challenges, gather requirements, design, and implement solutions of Microsoft Dynamics GP and secondary applications.
- Assist with 3rd party vendors in the maintenance, support, patches of the Dynamics GP, and other connected business applications.
- Administer GP end users, roles, security, and all 3rd party applications associated.
- Provide continued learning of MS Dynamics GP and SalesPad along with documentation, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, order entry, and purchasing.
- Configure and design reporting systems.
- Conduct cross training within IT Department for overlap support.
- Spearhead day-to-day issue resolution and escalations related to applications.
- Network effectively at all levels across the business with the ability to engage and influence business groups.
- Provide additional helpdesk user support as needed.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Impact & Influence – Pursues and wins support for ideas; displays ability to influence key decision-makers; achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; addresses divergent opinions.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current development; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in large, corporate systems development and implementation activities in a wide variety of organizations. Technical experience in system analysis, design, building, testing, and implementation preferred.
- Proven experience implementing and supporting ERP systems. Microsoft GP implementation experience is highly preferred.
- SalesPad experience is a plus
- MS programming experience (VB.Net, SQL, etc)
- Experience with systems across multiple departments is preferred
- Experience implementing diverse, high impact initiatives to support organization objectives
- Industry training and experience with knowledge and skills in a large, complex corporate information systems
- Working knowledge of application support, development tools, and methodologies
- Ability to make recommendations and suggest alternatives when needed
- Ability to work on large-scale complex projects that include multiple strategic goals and multiple tactical tasks
- Strong presentation skills with experience creating and delivering customized training across the organization
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and convey them to others in an easily understandable way
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills a must
- Analytical aptitude, attention to detail, and superior organization and time management skills are required
- Manufacturing and distribution systems experience a plus
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or financial background
- Experience with business reporting/analytics tools SQL Server Reporting Services, Jet Reports, and PowerBI
- Deep experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Microsoft Great Plains & SQL DB
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.