- Job Title
- Marketing Coordinator
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Manager: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
The Marketing Coordinator will provide day-to-day support for Fortress Building Products’ Marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator must be highly dependable and detail-oriented and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. This position will report to the Marketing Manager.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate and assist the Marketing team in planning, developing, and executing trade shows, conferences, customer meetings, and other events. Including, but is not limited to, event registration, hotel and transportation arrangements, vendor services, venue research, menu planning, shipping logistics, product displays, collateral, and signage, deposit payments, and budget maintenance and tracking.
- Maintain current contact lists i.e. Contractors, Dealers, Distributors, etc. Work with internal and external groups to ensure mailing and e-mail lists are well managed, compliant, and effective.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating special promotional programs, including writing and content development for literature and related materials, to introduce new products and channel programs to Sales team and customers.
- Works with team members to gather performance data, evaluate program effectiveness, and close performance gaps by helping to deliver solutions that meet business needs and support the achievement of organizational goals.
- Assist with budget tracking for events, meetings, and projects. Provide invoices to Accounting for payment.
- Track and control inventory of all promotional materials.
- Occasionally serve as marketing representative on cross-functional teams.
- Provides timely product and marketing support to external customers.
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing Manager.
- Assist with basic graphic needs as needed.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a Marketing support role
- Familiarity with and experience using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Knowledge of the building products industry a plus
- Must be efficient, organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrated ability to stay composed under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent calendar management skills
- Occasional travel may be required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.