Chief Financial Officer
- Job Title
- Chief Financial Officer
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75218
- Other Location
We have recently partnered with a rapidly expanding, leading-edge firm within the consumer services/hospitality industry that is experiencing exceptional growth both domestically and through international partnerships. Our client is coming off an unprecedented year of growth and is projecting a 50-75% YOY growth in 2020 on top of their triple-digit growth from 2019. The growth has created the need for an experienced, driven and forward-thinking strategic leader to serve as Chief Financial Officer in Dallas.
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of financial accounting, working capital management, strategic planning, forecasting, and overall financial management within a growth-stage business. Our client needs a professional that has a demonstrated track record of success within a fast-paced environment supporting a highly competent and business savvy entrepreneurial-minded leadership team.
The candidate is expected to provide meaningful insight to the executive leadership team in strategic decision-making related to capital allocation, financial planning, accounting best practices and accounting staff/team development.
The Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for:
- Primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the Executive Management team.
- Oversee long and short-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Ensure the effective internal controls are in place to minimize financial risks and safeguard the assets and financial commitments of the company; follow GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Prepare meetings to review key financial information and present recommendations for improvement to Senior Management.
- Work with the accounting/finance team to drive results by providing reports on budgetary performance, creating tools to help streamline and improve processes, etc.
- Oversee and manage financial and operational reporting, accounting operations, payroll, and cash.
- Responsible for preparing timely weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee, maintain and educate staff on industry-related software
- Monitor company vendor relationships; recommend opportunities for cost savings, discounts, etc.
- Oversee financial strategies and activities as well as banking relationships; manage ancillary income streams.
- Monitor cash balances, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Manage financial forecasting, budgets, and reporting processes of the company with the goal to build a cost-efficient company, improve the profitability of the company and ensure adequate cash flow and financial stability to meet the organization's needs.
- Provide counsel to Senior Management on the financial implications of business activities and recommendations to enhance long and short-term financial performance.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the company's mission and help execute growth plans.
- Provide timely, accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Represent the company to the financial community including outside accountants, auditors, bankers and financial institutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To succeed in this role, our client is seeking a boots-on-the-ground leader that possesses:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years overall experience in a related service-based industry or public accounting with relevant client exposure required
- Minimum four (4) years of senior leadership experience in a similar capacity, i.e. DIRECTOR OF FINANCE, CAO, CFO, Corporate Controller, Director FP&A, etc.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- Prior experience within the hospitality, travel or airline industry a plus
- Strong process improvement, problem-solving, analytical and financial management skills
- Excellent communication skills providing the ability to effectively translate the company's vision and strategic direction into results-oriented actions
- Ability to deliver a clear message whether the audience is front line employees or owners
- Must be approachable and able to solicit and listen to input from others
- Success-oriented, goal-driven professional
- Ability to maintain composure under tight deadlines
- Experience with capital budgeting
Our client brings over two decades of business success that has translated into unparalleled growth these last 12 months. Due to hard work and several key partnerships being inked in the last two quarters, our client is poised to make a significant splash in a highly fragmented market. Your expertise and prior experience helping senior leadership navigate those waters would put you in a position for a significant professional, personal and financial upside.
This position is a Dallas-based position and the selected candidate must reside within the greater Dallas area. Additionally must be able to commute daily to our client's Central Dallas Business District location.
If you are open to considering a move that would put you in the #1 seat as the key financial decision-maker for a $200MM entity that is on the brink of major growth, contact us immediately for a confidential conversation.