Current Job Postings
At PHP we believe in providing high quality, efficient care for nearly a half-million Coloradoans. One of the ways we do that is by taking care of our employee’s first. Benefits include competitive compensation, a generous health plan, vision, dental, life insurance, and 401(K) matching. In addition to the essential benefits, we also offer some fun ones like exercise incentives, happy hours, profit sharing, and philanthropy projects. These are just some of the reasons why we have been ranked a Top Workplace in the Denver Post for 8 years!
Check out this video to learn more about what makes us special.
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant
- Westminster, CO
- Other Location
Note: This position is not employed by Physician Health Partners. Upon submitting your application, it will be sent to Westmed.
The Practice: Independent and entrepreneurial-minded group practice of 3 physicians and 3 advanced practice providers seeks a medical assistant to join an established primary care clinic. The current group of physicians are family medicine who are board certified. Work/life balance is fundamental to all associates and physicians in the group.
Our practice is a member of the Independent Practice Association (IPA), PHPprime. PHPprime provides wrap-around services to help make our practice successful, including care coordination, practice transformation coaching, risk adjustment coding education, population health management, data and analytics, specialist network management, and large group contracting.
The Community: Located in Westminster CO and close to great biking, hiking as well as various entertainment venues. This community is touted as one of the best destinations in Colorado to raise a family and recognized nationally by Forbes as one of the top places to move in the country.
- Performs a variety of clinical tasks within scope of practice as directed by an authorized health care provider.
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients, such as vital signs and charting of patient complaints.
- Provides direct patient care including wound care, injections, patient education and other medical procedures.
- Manages lab and other test results as appropriate.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments/equipment and maintains stock of supplies.
- Triages phone calls.
- May assist with front office duties and scheduling of tests and/or patient appointments.
- Responsible for accurate chart documentation and medical record maintenance.
- Assures appropriate charges for performed services are recorded.
- Attends/conducts in-service presentations and seminars to facilitate personal and professional growth.
- Follow written and oral directions. Enter and retrieve data via computer software.
- Prepare medical documentation and report summaries conforming to all rules of punctuation, spelling, grammar, dictation and style.
- Ability to work in high stress environment, respond to emergencies and maintain emotional control. Calmly react to urgent situations.
- Participate in quality initiatives to improve care and productivity.
- Ability to work cohesively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Possess interpersonal abilities sufficient to interact with individuals, families and groups from a variety of social, emotional, cultural and intellectual backgrounds.
- Establish good rapport with patients and coworkers.
- High school diploma/GED; diploma from an accredited medical assistant program and externship completed.
- One year professional patient care experience in a clinical setting required.
- Able to understand and apply information, policies, procedures and skills required by the position.
- Experience and knowledge working with EMR software and MS Windows applications.
- Experience triaging phone calls and coordination requests for medication refills.
- Experience taking vital signs, drawing blood, giving injections, obtaining urine specimens, performing EKGs, taking x-rays and other procedures within scope of license.
- LSRT Certification very helpful
- Accurate documentation, charting and charges of all care provided.
- Experience and ability with patient movement.
- Stock and maintain exam rooms to daily par levels.
- Is adept with qualitative, quantitative or technical tools needed to perform the job.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in providing safe, quality patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures as well as medical equipment and instruments used in administering patient care.
- Accuracy, neatness and thoroughness with performing the job.
- Anticipates needs of user and ensures these needs are taken into consideration when completing assignments.
- Able to complete assigned tasks within a specific time frame.
- Seeks additional tasks when assigned tasks are completed.
- Able to perform all clinic associated clerical duties as assigned.
Job Schedule: Full Time
Workdays: Monday through Friday
Full benefit package