Strategy Planning Project Specialist
- Job Title
- Strategy Planning Project Specialist
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Strategy Planning Project Specialist. The Strategy Planning Project Specialist for the Strategy and Business Development Department provides support to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives for the implementation and monitoring for Positive Momentum, AFC’s Strategic Plan. This includes all strategic planning and business development related matters including, but not limited to, progress tracking, training and reporting and direct support for staff. The Strategy Planning Project Specialist interacts with a diverse group of internal staff at all levels of the organization.
The Strategy Planning Project Specialist provides support on all project-related matters including but not limited to project management and coordination, project progress tracking and reporting.
The Strategy Planning Project Specialist supports the department by developing, implementing, and maintaining project planning and management tools (i.e. OneNote, Microsoft Planner, Cascade) and processes.
Principle functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Strategic Plan Support
- Monitor Strategic Plan and support implementation
- Support internal change management needs to meet organization-wide needs for annual actions.
- Assist the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives with the preparation and communication for reports and dashboards (i.e., lists of plan goals and department goals, reports for staff and board); and orienting department interns.
- Update, maintain, and monitor the online strategic planning data platform/tools;
- Provide subject matter expertise for platform to all licensed users;
- Analyze platform utilization and input from licensed database platform users;
- Respond to strategic plan inquiries and provide staff support with strategic plan updates throughout the year;
- Leverage strategic planning data platform capability and work with vendor to stay abreast of platform changes; develop tools and mechanisms to increase utilization of platform; Coordinate, schedule, and deliver strategic planning data platform/tools trainings;
- Coordinate and schedule logistics (i.e., preparing materials/handouts, securing meeting rooms/venues, ordering food) for strategic planning meetings.
Project Management and Coordination
- Assist with the development and execution of larger/complex project plans;
- Develop and maintain project tracking and reporting mechanisms and processes;
- Prepare and design slide decks, general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs; proofread documents for spelling, grammar and layout, and make appropriate changes;
- Provide project reporting based on stakeholder (i.e., internal/external partners) needs and requests;
- Troubleshoot potential and/or current project-related problems;
- Research, recommend upgrading of existing and/or develop new project planning and management tools and processes;
- Develop and execute small- to mid-size project plans;
- Provide subject-matter expertise and assistance to department head;
- Respond to project-related inquiries;
- Facilitate various project planning and review meetings for assigned projects;
- Establish and maintain liaison, as required, with project team, stakeholders and across the organization;
- Support departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures;
- Schedule and coordinate logistics (i.e., preparing materials/handouts, securing meeting rooms/venues, setting up room, ordering food) for activities such as meetings, conferences, project events and department activities (i.e., team meetings);
- Record, prepare, and distribute meeting minutes;
- Make photocopies, scan, file, and mail; and perform other clerical functions.
Business Development Support
- Provide support for business development and initiatives;
- Assist with developing new lines of business; research new models for the development of new lines of business;
- Research project feasibility and support the development of project scope and proposals;
- Research new models that can be adapted including changing payment methods and design;
- Assist with the development of research and marketing materials;
- Assist with preparing dashboards for third party payer outcomes.
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Social Services, Public Health, or related field AND 1 or more years of related work experience
OR 4 or more years of related work experience
PLUS 1 year of experience working with Basic Excel, Word and PowerPoint
2 or more years’ experience managing small to mid-size projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Solid ability to prioritize, plan, and coordinate work activities, and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished efficiently, in addition to having strong time management skills.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and well thought out.
Also, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve Agency goals are key to success in this role.
Please submit both Resume and Cover Letter.
Please reference position code SBD PS 401
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.