Customer Service- Order Management Associate
- Job Title
- Customer Service- Order Management Associate
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Order Management Associate
Manager: Customer Service and Support Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is dedicated to providing world class customer service and we have structured this position to enable you to help the company achieve this goal. Our Order Management Associates service our customers to ensure quality customer service in a timely manner, answering phones, processing sales orders and making sure the department is doing everything it can to “Make it Happen” at all times. Above all this candidate must embody and embrace the Fortress Core Values.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Professionally receive and handle calls regarding new and existing customer orders.
- Direct calls to the necessary recipients as appropriate; complaint resolution.
- Process customer purchase orders received by fax, phone and/or email.
- Create and send warehouse order acknowledgements to customers prior to shipment.
- Provide updates to customers on order fulfillment.
- Provide detailed product support to customers, distributors, and sales representatives.
- Assist customers in returns or claims, if necessary
- Maintain accurate customer information.
- Provide inside sales support for Regional Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Ensure timely order release to warehouse for fulfillment.
- Assist in prepping shipment documentation for invoice processing.
- Assist sales staff and customers with order/invoice questions and shipment tracking.
- Process return authorizations and credits when necessary.
- Gather required documentation for freight claims or damaged shipments.
- Provide superior service and assistance to existing and potential customers.
- Assist management with other duties as assigned.
- Assist in all day-to-day tasks related to customer service and office administration.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation– Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism – Practices good hygiene and presents an appropriate professional appearance; understands how one is perceived by others; takes actions intended to have a position effect on others; makes a friendly impression on others by using good eye contact and using names whenever possible; develops and maintains positive working relationships and maintains a pleasant work attitude.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college is desired in a related field.
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training in a call center environment. Previous manufacturing customer service strongly preferred.
- Prior experience is support of retail and e-commerce channels, a plus.
- Presents a professional appearance and demeanor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills coupled with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to speak effectively with individuals or groups of customers or employees.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of documents and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited information is available.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages, draw and interpret bar graphs, and create basic formulas.
- Must be able to type at least 40 WPM.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and/or SalesPad software a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.