Sr. QA Performance Engineer (Exp. w/ App. Perf. of IBM Java Platform) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Sr. QA Performance Engineer (Exp. w/ App. Perf. of IBM Java Platform) (100% Remote) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. QA Performance Engineer (Exp. w/ App. Performance IBM Java Platform) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
With minimal supervision, performs end-to-end instrumentation and application performance optimization of Microsoft .NET and/or Java applications using off-the-shelf APM Software within distributed solutions that enable Credit and Debit Card transaction processing. Responsible for instrumentation of SQL Server and Oracle Databases. Provides performance tuning recommendation to optimize resource utilization within Virtual Machines running Windows and Linux Operating systems. Provides recommendations on the tuning of configurable parameters within Windows Services, IIS, and Apache Application Servers. Infrequently, may be assigned to assist with associated test activities within the QA Department.
This team is taking on a strategic project which will build and deploy a next gen card transaction processing platform to facilitate traffic between our strategic partners and non-strategic partners as applicable. The goal is to leverage a blend of legacy technologies (such as DB2, zOS/Unix) and new technologies (such as Java, Node.js, App Dynamix) to ensure best of class products and services in both distributed and mainframe environments.
This project will leverage multiple cross-functional teams to deliver this new platform, and is comprised of many of our Dev Ops workgroups from Dev, QA, Release, PMO, Operations/Support, Hosting Operations, in addition to key corporate partners that facilitate hosting.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience instrumenting Application Performance for end-to-end solutions with .NET (C#) and/or Java applications within a widely distributed network.
- Experience with EFT, Credit and Debit Card Authorization processes to include ISO-8583 message structures and data elements.
- Experience with reporting statistical information in a concise manner using tools like custom SharePoint reports/applications and/or PowerPoint presentations
- Experience making performance tuning recommendations to system architects, application developers, and quality analysts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Understanding of Code and Test Case Repositories
- Experience using shared Development and Testing tools like Microsoft Visual Studio, TFS, and MTM
- May create and execute test plans and clear, concise scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products
- Define comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures
- Develops and creates test design frameworks and teaches team members how to implement testing processes
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other team members
- May lead education and training, alpha and beta testing, and changes for documentation update or correction
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction
- May assist with alpha and beta testing, may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site
- Will instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues
- Will be responsible to define monitoring standards, appropriate thresholds, and for monitoring as appropriate for different systems
- Monitors Credit and Debit Card transaction processing system performance on Linux/Unix and Java test environments
- Monitors transaction processing system performance on Windows Server and Microsoft.NET test environments
- Contributes to the development of test objectives and performance related requirements
- Works with QA team to develop test scenarios and generate simulated transactional data in all manners of Capacity and Performance tests
- Works with Development Teams to track and drive resolution of issues that are discovered during performance testing
- Responsible for creating project deliverables including performance test reports and performance dashboards
- Develops, maintains, and ensures compliance with Performance Test process policies, procedures and diagrams of capacity and performance needs
- Gathers key business metrics and volumetric and assembles workload and transaction information for performance monitoring
- Leads conference calls and meetings for load/volume/smoke tests, in a role to be sure the systems are appropriately monitored during such tests to ensure that results can be properly analyzed
- Ensures SLAs relative to Financial Authorization processing rates and response times are being met and that a high level of customer satisfaction is assured
- Improves server/application performance with increasing reliability and availability while maintaining or reducing costs
- Enforces standard system builds and compatibility between disparate applications that comprise each distributed solution under test
- Work with Development, Application, Networking, and Security teams to develop appropriate infrastructure for applications
- Helps architect and implement solutions to address complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security
- Drives infrastructure design to implementation.