- Job Title
- Network Engineer
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78229
- Other Location
***All Applicants Must Be Eligible to Receive a DOD Clearance***
We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to help build out, maintain, support and troubleshoot our expanding infrastructure. Must be open to learn and flexible.
- Assists with the daily administration of a network/server environment.
- Monitors network performance and performs testing to provide diagnosis of issues and to assist with deployment of solutions.
- Installs upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Supports and enforces a disaster recovery, security and backup and restore plan.
- Installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications.
- Troubleshoots the network issues with diverse scope.
- Assists network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc.
- Typically reports to a manager.
- Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
- Performs a variety of complex project tasks applied to specialized technology problems.
- Tasks involve integration of electronic processes or methodologies to resolve total system problems or technology problems.
- Applies analytical and systematic approaches in the resolution of problems of workflow, organization, and planning.
- Directs and assists system engineers in the application of system engineering principles to the solution of secure systems design problems.
- Expert knowledge of LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, network protocols, and other security and network operations and monitoring, vulnerability analysis, PKI, data encryption, key management, data warehousing, and data mining capabilities.
- OSI network layers Linux
- Strong Networking & System
- Admin. background Red Hat enterprise background
- Python BASH
- PowerShell VMware
- CISCO Firewall configuration
- Django ESX/Azure
- TCP/IP 5 years of exp.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Exceptional scripting using Django & Python. (Comfortable on the command line)
- Have a solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- *Active Secret - TS/SCI Security Clearance Required
We are proud to offer a comprehensive package of valuable employee benefits including:
- Group Health Plan
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, Accident & Disability Insurance Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- Simple IRA
- Paid Time Off
Def-Logix, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Required Skills
• OSI network layers Linux
• Strong Networking & System
• Admin. background Red Hat enterprise background
• Python BASH
• PowerShell VMware
• CISCO Firewall configuration
• Django ESX/Azure
• TCP/IP 5 years of exp.
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
• Experience with monitoring systems.
• Exceptional scripting using Django & Python. (Comfortable on the command line)