Dexter is a world leader in developing and producing safe, reliable trailer components for the markets we serve – all thanks to our exceptional team of employees. We give you the chance to be part of a growing company dedicated to quality products and superior customer service. We give you the chance to make a difference.
Quality Control Inspector - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift
- Job Title
- Quality Control Inspector - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift
- Job ID
- Albion, IN 46701
- Other Location
Hiring immediately for manufacturing and production positions in Albion, IN
Are you someone who enjoys a career where you can make a lasting impact? Does the thought of working with a team of all-stars crafting high quality products excite you? If you’re an individual who takes immense pride in the quality of work you produce and have a personal commitment to safety, you should apply to join our team as one of our Quality Control Inspectors!
We currently have open opportunities for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shift Quality Control Inspector in our Albion facility.
Dexter Axle Quality Control Inspectors directly maintain our quality programs and ensure continuous production of products consistent with our quality standards. In this position, you will be responsible for running company programs that highlight safety improvements, new procedures, and new/different use of tools and equipment that improve quality and efficiency. We’re looking for QC Technicians who care about quality, are safety conscious, dependable, detail-oriented, and work well with others in a team environment.
Quality Control Inspectors are responsible for the following:
- Changeovers (Gages/Oils/Blueprints)
- Gage Request – Check in/out in all buildings
- Log location in to engage system
- Troubleshoot gage issues on the floor
- Verify that the correct gages are at the machines
- Responsible for gage cleanliness / label condition at check in/out
- Responsible for checking calibration dates on gages that are being issued to the floor and ensuring the procedures for issuing gages by calibration date are being followed.
- Gage room clean up (assisting in overall house keeping of the lab as required)
- Incoming inspection
- Final Inspection
- Issue NCMR for non-conforming product
- Separation of foundry scrap / issue NCMR
- Assist Gage with GR&R capability studies as required
- Complete and pass down log book at completion of shift
- FPA as required
- Canadian and Melbourne audits as required
- Cut and etch for Axle welders
- Production floor inspections (ensure correct gages are being used and check that process is to print)
Why You’ll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
Dexter Axle offers competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Successful candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Strong sense of customer service and good organizational skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Be able to work positively with all levels of employees
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle general lab tools (must have experience using micrometers, calipers, height gage, and other precision measurement devices)
- Be able to work proficiently in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Ability to read/ interpret blue prints & shop orders/ Ability to follow written and verbal directions/ Ability to work proficiently with minimum supervision
- Self-starter that can identify the daily task from the list above
Text "DEXTER" to 25000 to Apply!!
Dexter Axle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.