Construction Safety Inspector
- Job Title
- Construction Safety Inspector
- Job ID
- Albuquerque, NM 87123
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) is seeking high caliber, construction safety inspectors for its work at Sandia National Laboratories and Los Alamos National Laboratories. L&A successfully assists organizations with their preparation and implementation of Safety Management Programs, particularly at DOE and NNSA sites. Our support to clients includes developing programs and reviewing safety and operational incidents to identify the root cause, and then making suggestions and recommendations on how to address the issues. Our input is based on decades of experience both domestically and internationally and focuses on both high hazard operations as well as more routine activities such as vehicular incidents and workplace injuries.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee (or Associate), you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a rapidly growing and successful organization that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of our professional family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing construction safety oversight on multiple construction sites.
- Evaluate compliance with safety procedures in accordance with the approved project-specific safety plan.
- Oversight of construction work and assisting with subcontract compliance and work acceptance.
- Ensure that requirements are incorporated by construction subcontracts.
- Understanding work plans, specifications, written documents and related ES&H requirements.
- Preparing oversight reports that document the safety of construction work and other pertinent construction information; assisting in construction site safety reviews and issuing safety observations and non-compliance documentation.
- Continuously evaluate construction job sites for any hazards not previously identified or adequately controlled.
- Identification of lessons learned.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA General Industry and construction standards.
- Must have appropriate training, experience, or certifications to perform the job duties stated above.
- Strong commitment to safety, including implementing strict Health and Safety protocols.
- Knowledge and application of OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Safety and Health Regulations for Construction.
- OSHA 30-hour construction training.
- OSHA 510 training.
- Flexible and able to work in a variety of situations with the ability to resolve conflicts in a productive manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a DOE clearance or able to obtain a DOE clearance.
Education and Experience Required
- Associate degree in construction management, safety, or occupational health and safety, or a related degree.
- At least 5 years of full-time on-site experience in construction project health and safety.
Other relevant information
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Albuquerque, NM area
- Must not be subject to employment restrictions at Sandia as a result of being a Sandia retiree.
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years’ experience providing highly specialized technical and management support to the nuclear and environmental industries worldwide. Our staff of nearly 400 professionals offer a broad range of expertise in the areas of project management and operations, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and safety.
Our team spans more than 14 project sites and national laboratories across the United States primarily servicing federal clients and prime contractors including the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and their International counterparts.
L&A is an organization built on a set of core values. ‘Honesty and integrity above all else’, “Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients”, “Always work as a team and support one another” and our other values are not just words; they underpin everything we do and every decision we make. Our company and our staff are widely respected both personally and professionally as a result and we are recognized by our customers and peers as delivering quality work, to budget and schedule. We are committed to making a positive impact in our local communities and are well known for our generous support of worthy causes such as scholarships to support workforce development and to historically disadvantaged institutions, as well as in support of our veterans, and other charitable organizations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
Please visit www.la-inc.com to learn more about us.