Project Controls Engineer
- Job Title
- Project Controls Engineer
- Job ID
- Multiple Locations,
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a Project Controls Engineer. Individual will support program offices in earned value management analysis, evaluating estimates-at-complete, projecting funding requirements, identifying trends, reporting status, risk mitigation and continually integrating information in support of our government customer.
Will apply principles of work breakdown structure, project/cost coding and cost data to ensure that the data is correctly and consistently entered and utilized in the project controls system. Develop baseline and forecast schedules, status physical progress and maintain schedule control. Collect data, input updates and produce basic schedule management reports. Update schedule progress and forecast activity start and finish dates.
Analyze current schedule trends and identify potential problem areas. Providing technical advice and assistance related to earned value management, capital asset project performance management, and the project management information system, PARS (Project Analysis and Reporting System). Reviewing EVM performance data and providing assistance and assessment via assist visits, resource reviews, and deep dives into root cause analysis. Conducting analyses to identify and define problems, develop alternatives, provide cost information and develop plans for EVMS compliance and project performance relative to department policy and performance goals.
Working independently or in small teams to solve complex problems, recommend solutions, identify actual or potential problem areas, trends, and similar factors. Verifying and validating, through a systems approach, that established EVM performance indicators and compliance measures are accurate. Participate in quarterly presentations and monthly assessments of projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be familiar with standard cost/scheduling EVMS and cost/scheduling tools and be able to interpret standard EVM terminology
- Expert knowledge of general business operations, practices, and concepts accounting, economics, management, and finance) applicable to a wide range of duties in the area of EVM
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience with essential duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of management, subject matter experts and external agencies.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years’ experience
- Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required
Various sites around the DOE complex
L&A is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical, and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy and National Nuclear Security Administration complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. We specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in:
- Mission Assurance – an optimized and integrated suite of systems, tools, and processes that ensure compliance, enhanced performance, reduce costs, and increased efficiency.
- Project Delivery – including a wide range of capabilities directly related to tailoring the implementation of DOE Order 413.3B.
- Operations Support – providing expert advice and resources to strengthen high hazard operations, and business strategy – to underpin effective operations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
L&A Core Values
- Honesty and integrity above all else.
- Safety, security and quality are the foundation of everything that we do.
- No surprises for the customer or the team.
- Consistently exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Listen to the customer to ensure we’re working on the right problem.
- Only accept assignments and arrangements that we are proud of and that are win-win.
- Proactively manage any real or perceived conflicts with our partners and clients.
- Continually demonstrate our commitment to the success of our clients’ projects.
- Treat clients and team members with respect.
- Assure that people are fairly compensated for their contributions.
- Don’t take risks with the reputation of the individuals or the company.
- Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients.
- Always work as a team and support one another.