- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Germantown, WI 53022
- Other Location
This is a night shift opportunity on a 2-2-3 shift rotation from 6pm-630am.
Summary of Role
The Production Supervisor is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by leading manufacturing employees and assisting with manufacturing various products following a specific protocol, while in full compliance with all cGMP procedures and guidelines. The Production Supervisor will develop production and resource plans that meet operational goals in terms of safety, quality and output. This position ensures and conducts proper staff training and ensures that all deliverables are met or expectations are proactively managed towards alternative solutions and communicated appropriately. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of Sterling’s core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Responsible for driving a culture of superior Safety in a Chemical Manufacturing Environment.
- Sets the example for strict cGMP/GDP adherence; ensures requirements are understood and executed appropriately by subordinates.
- Identifies opportunities and develops process, procedural, and training improvements and efficiencies; generates necessary buy in, drives execution, and measures success.
- Oversees the execution of chemical reactions, on a gram to multi-kilogram scale, independently.
- Supervises the execution of isolations and purifications of products and intermediates by using standard manufacturing techniques.
- Analyzes and interprets operational data for use in trending and for investigative purposes.
- Reviews manufacturing documentation and procedures for clarity of instruction and ability to execute on the floor; collaborate with others to make adjustments as appropriate.
- Provides timely written and verbal updates to Project Cells in support of customer requests.
- Supervises the execution of batches, including monitoring timelines, raw materials, equipment availability and yields to ensure Right First Time.
- Performs complex calculations for materials and conditions; ensure the accuracy of calculations performed by their team.
- Remains technically competent and keep current in new developments within the fine chemical manufacturing industry.
- Writes and reviews SOPs, Work Instructions, and On-The-Job training modules for content, clarity, and executability.
- Provides manufacturing training and leadership for subordinate manufacturing positions.
- Positively interacts with peers, outside departments and clients.
- Develops, maintains, and reports on manufacturing key performance indicators within the department.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements for themselves and their team.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of manufacturing business tools.
- Applies mechanical capabilities in order to perform limited troubleshooting and expeditiously resolve equipment issues, with the support of the Maintenance Department, to minimize equipment downtime.
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing, OR
- Associate’s degree in science-related field with 5-8 years of experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing with 2 years of supervisory responsibilities, OR
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 8-10 years of experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Expert knowledge of cGMP, manufacturing skills (equipment usage, terminology, etc.) and general manufacturing techniques (i.e. extractions).
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning skills and managing competing work priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including technical writing.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to understand and interpret analytical data for use in trending and for investigative purposes.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
- Directly leads team of approximately 4 – 8 direct reports.
- Participates in the hiring process of other employees.
- Makes hiring decisions of other employees.
- Schedules and reviews the work of other employees.
- Ensures accuracy and relevance of assigned training curriculum.
- Drives timely completion of training for employees to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coaches, mentors and develops other employees.
- Prepares and delivers performance evaluations of other employees.
- Makes recommendation of disciplinary actions of other employees.
- Uses professional concepts and critical thinking to solve complex problems.
- Independently determines methods and procedures, including assignments and the work of others.
- Candidates need to be competent with IT systems, and Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and Inclusion
Sterling values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complimented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK and the US, where we employ more than 800 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.