Inside Sales Associate- Central
- Job Title
- Inside Sales Associate- Central
- Job ID
- Garland, TX
- Other Location
- Austin, TX
Inside Sales Associate (1-Step) – Central
Job Title: Inside Sales Associate (1-Step) – Central
Department: Channel Sales (1-Step)
Manager: Inside Sales Manager (1-Step)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote within Region
The Inside Sales Associate (1-Step) – Central will work cohesively as a team with the Commercial Account Managers, utilizing a pull-through sales approach to grow the distributor/contractor network across the central region and ensure market saturation and availability of Fortress fence products.
Region includes: TX, OK, NM, CO, WY, ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, WI, MO, IA, and IL.
This position will be based out of a home office and must be able to support typical business hours across Mountain and Central time zones. Previous experience in the fence or access control industry is desired. Bilingual proficiency strongly preferred .
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceed sales goals as a team – Compete & Win as a TEAM.
- Work cohesively as a team with the Commercial Account Managers, utilizing a pull-through sales approach to grow the distributor/contractor network and ensure market saturation and availability of Fortress fence products.
- Own the residential contractor.
- Own the distributor – know what they stock.
- Monitor open/back order report and offer suggestions on how to get it shipped (container, warehouse, and projects).
- Work closely with the warehouse on shipments.
- Follow up on leads (internet, trade shows, etc.).
- All day-to-day activity conducted in Salesforce.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate to customers about all issues that affect their business.
- Manager FOS and multipliers for each customer.
- Train distributors on FOS.
- Manage residential quotes.
- Conduct and report competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales-related information.
- Assist Commercial Account Managers in setting up new accounts through the internal Fortress process.
- Quote jobs and make sure all appropriate details are articulated to the customer and Order Management.
- Participate in regional conference calls, meetings, and trade shows.
- Provide weekly report to Director, Channel Sales (1-Step).
- Submit PO’s to Order Management when needed.
- Work with warehouse team to ensure full load deliveries within the region.
- Minimum of two weekly social media posts.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meets customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Job Knowledge– Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current development; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Organization Support– Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Technical Expertise– Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ Experience/ Additional Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in the fence or access control industry
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) proficiency strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to structure productive activity plans from a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Ability to grasp product knowledge and relay product information.
- Must be a team player with dedication to Fortress Building Products success
- CRM experience a plus (Salesforce)
- Experience with MS Dynamics GP and SalesPad a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.