Dexter is a world leader in developing and producing safe, reliable trailer components for the markets we serve – all thanks to our exceptional team of employees. We give you the chance to be part of a growing company dedicated to quality products and superior customer service. We give you the chance to make a difference.
Production Lead - 2nd Shift
- Job Title
- Production Lead - 2nd Shift
- Job ID
- Monticello, GA 31064
- Other Location
Are you someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where the workday flies by? Do you naturally find yourself as a leader and have an aptitude to develop a team of all-stars? If you’re an individual who can lead by example and proactively engage with a team, you should apply to become one of our Production Leads!
We currently have open opportunities for 2nd Shift Production Leads in our Monticello facility.
Dexter is the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products, and related components. We proudly manufacture axles for the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy-duty, and manufactured housing markets. Our customers choose the Dexter brand for our commitment to high quality and timely products. We currently employ over 2,800 people throughout 18 manufacturing facilities across the United States and Canada.
Our Production Leaders manage our team, provide effective guidance, and motivate team members daily in our manufacturing plants. You’ll be the primary point of contact for all team members and actively ensure smooth operations and effective collaboration. Production Leaders delegate tasks, coordinate day to day operations, and listen to team member feedback to resolve issues or complaints. Crafting and suggesting team building activities will be a key component for this position.
Production Leaders are responsible for the following:
- The lead is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the assigned department
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Qualified candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work without constant supervision.
- Actively promotes safety and quality while maintaining on-time delivery
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be proficient in understanding mechanical drawings.
- Review quality documents as required.
- Prepare for and lead pre-shift production meeting
- Ensure that associates are consistently meeting quality expectations
- Train/Coach associates on safety, quality, and productivity standards
- Follow shipping schedules & maintain inventory accuracy
- Keep KPI boards up to date and identify how to improve each hour
- Assist in the amount of manpower and equipment needed for shipping
- Maintain system output to ensure hourly targets are met
- Supply any information needed for plant staff related to inventory, shipments, etc.
- Assist with inventory activities and cycle counts
- Address any mechanical/quality/safety issues during shift and ensure specs. are being followed
Why You’ll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
Dexter offers a competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Prior experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Be motivated, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to gain product knowledge
- Have documentation skills
- Lead by example
- Demonstrated lean manufacturing experience
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
Text "DEXTER" to 25000 to Apply !!
Dexter is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.