Intern: Project Management
- Job Title
- Intern: Project Management
- Job ID
- multiple locations,
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates is seeking a Project Management Intern to support our work on our Department of Energy contracts.
As an L&A Intern, you will contribute to vital work supporting the DOE mission and the National Security Enterprise. To do this, you contribute a fresh perspective to our internal processes and systems, connecting us to the evolving world of education and emerging business solutions. You also bring enthusiasm and commitment to further initiatives that can improve our project delivery.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Uphold L&A’s core values,
- Meet all requirements of your institution’s internship program,
- Follow the intern work plan and timeline,
- Actively engage in team calls and video conferences, and maintain appropriate communication with Mentor, team and intern coordinator,
- Support team as needed with document creation, system maintenance, business analysis, and other business activities,
- Provide technical assistance of cost and contract management for capital asset projects, as directed, to PM and additional staff,
- Support development of task proposals and project risk management activities,
- Help support and maintain financial reporting on contract performance,
- Develop ad hoc reports that support performance and contract management for the PM and their staff,
- Support the PM on other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Study toward a bachelor’s degree with a focus on Project Management, Construction Management, Business Analysis or related degree
- Completed or current coursework in the following areas of study is a plus:
- Construction Management, Project Management, Project Quality and Six Sigma, Project Scheduling, Business Analysis, Business Process Modeling (BPM)
- Familiarity with MS Project or Project Scheduling software is desired but not required
- Strong proficiency in MS applications including PPT, Word, with a focus on Excel
- Requires strong time management, communication, and problem-solving abilities
- Must be a US Citizen
L&A is committed to hiring interns from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the DOE complex and professional services industry. This includes gender, economic and racial diversity.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.