Intern: Business Management
- Job Title
- Intern: Business Management
- Job ID
- multiple locations,
- Other Location
INTERN: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT multiple locations
Longenecker & Associates is seeking a Business Management Intern to support our work on various Department of Energy contracts.
As an L&A Intern, you will contribute to vital work supporting the DOE mission and the National Security Enterprise. To do this, you contribute a fresh perspective to our internal processes and systems, connecting us to the evolving world of education and emerging business solutions. You also bring enthusiasm and commitment to further initiatives that can improve our project delivery.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Uphold L&A’s core values,
- Meet all requirements of your institution’s internship program,
- Follow the intern work plan and timeline,
- Participate in team meetings, calls and video conferences,
- Maintain appropriate communication with your Mentor, team and intern coordinator,
- Conduct independent research and self-guided analysis,
- Daily timekeeping,
- Support team as needed with document creation, system maintenance, business analysis, and other business activities,
- Contribute to a culture of learning by sharing emerging technologies and systems learned through schooling,
- Support the business operations team (HR, Finance, Operations) with project management, business analysis, developing tools, conducting research, reviewing processes,
- Prepare and deliver updates on projects and analysis for team and corporate leadership,
- Review business systems and provide analysis of current tools against newer technologies,
- Support review of expense reports,
- Support development of monthly project data reports,
- Support invoice processing,
- Conduct quality review of financial and project documents,
- Support personnel-related processes (e.g. payroll, onboarding),
- Support development of monthly financial dashboard.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Study toward a Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business
- Ability to integrate information from multiple sources to form a comprehensive perspective
- Skilled at analyzing setbacks and seek honest feedback to learn from mistakes
- Desired Software Skills: Microsoft Office suite
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a US Citizen
L&A is committed to hiring interns from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the DOE complex and professional services industry. This includes gender, economic and racial diversity.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.